Miami Apostate

miamijimf

No this is not Carlos Santana, it is 69 yr old Miami resident Ismael Goldeneagle who refuses to go along with making Miami the Manhattan of the South.  He is the owner of this hidden gem tucked away at 87 SW 11th St. where he has lived since he was eight. The house is surrounded by monster dwellings and he has turned down many offers for his property.

59626938_10156006137142657_400796830.jpg.90c5ae23eb3ca0540bb5bfe75388df73.jpg

59432396_10156006137087657_3695358529691975680_n.jpg.f283bacfefd688e58f9679cdae4969f8.jpg
  • Like 4

Amazing guy.  I completely sympathize but don't know if I could turn down big offers for that property.  Unfortunately progress (if you want to call it that) is like death and taxes.

Edited by miamijimf
  • Like 1

He's removed all of the soil from his property, exposing the limestone bedrock and what he claims is a Tequesta Indian altar.

Brickell's Last Holdout Fights Developers to Preserve Native American History

https://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/brickells-last-holdout-fights-developers-to-preserve-native-american-history-7563834

An Urban Oasis Hides Ancient Mysteries in Bustling Downtown Miami

https://hyperallergic.com/438734/well-of-ancient-mysteries-miami/

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

airtommy links were amazing. i mean this is trully a part of what makes Miami so unique. like said in the article that house is a link between past, and modern. where we can see how much nature is much more 'livable', than human made concrete

@miamijimf: the problem is not the real estate pals imo, it's more a problem of overpopulation. as we discussed once in these forums, if they don't build skyscrappers, they'll ruin the glades. which is much more serious. i just can't believe that in the 2019, there is still no politics talking of the overpopulation problem. this is the source of all troubles

2 hours ago, jpm1 said:

airtommy links were amazing. i mean this is trully a part of what makes Miami so unique. like said in the article that house is a link between past, and modern. where we can see how much nature is much more 'livable', than human made concrete

@miamijimf: the problem is not the real estate pals imo, it's more a problem of overpopulation. as we discussed once in these forums, if they don't build skyscrappers, they'll ruin the glades. which is much more serious. i just can't believe that in the 2019, there is still no politics talking of the overpopulation problem. this is the source of all troubles

Never thought of it that way.  High-rises, as ugly as they are IMO, it's still better than building on the wetlands we have left in Fla.  Even though the Glades is Federally protected, money talks louder than environmentalist's concerns.  Overpopulation is a major problem for sure, but it's not just Fla, or the US, it's the world.  This will probably cause a world crisis decades from now.  But what can Miami do, that's the question?  We are not China that can limit births.  Much of Miami's economy is based on construction, foreign investment, and sale of homes/condos etc.

2 hours ago, miamijimf said:

We are not China that can limit births.

We have in fact limited our births, without resorting to laws like China did.  All of our population growth in the last 50 years has come from immigration.  I'm an environmentalist, but the environmentalist movement's silence on that issue is deafening.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...