Rank the seasons

Remington

How would you rank all five seasons? 

1. Season One - damn near perfect.

2. Season Two - almost as good but there's definitely some filler.

3. Season Three - awesome but a little too melodramatic at times.

4. Season Four - uneven but good.

5. Season Five - feels tired at times but there's still some solid episodes.

• Like 3

1. Season 3 - I just loved everything about this season the style clothes hair music ect. was on point imo, not everyone will agree with me though.I like how the changed the color scheme as well i prefered it over the pastels anyday.When i finished the series this was the one I came back to rewatch this was peak 80s!

2. Season 2 - This was definitive Miami Vice right here originality was at its highest with this season

3. Season 1 - I liked this one I really did very enjoyable great episodes all around but,it was a bit cliched imo for that I ranked season 2 higher

4. Season  4 -This is where things started going down hill but still there were some good episodes I enjoyed watching 

5. Season 5 - At this point you could see they were going through the motions wasted potential Miami Vice deserved a better ending :(

Edited by MarsAutomatic
  • Like 1

MarsAutomatic, your perspective is very interesting here and you are in a distinctive minority in choosing season 3 as the best. I have often defended it myself and nontheless it is very polarizing.

1) S1 and S2-I go back and forth on the placement of these depending on my mood so it's hard to make a choice. It often feels like one giant season with these two. S1 is definiely more tv tropey however, with eps like Glades and The Maze. I think S2 feels more "live" at times and the show knows it was a hit.

2) S3-I too really like this season and think some of the best drama in the series can be found here with eps like Shadow in the Dark, Deliver Us From Evil, Good Collar etc. plus Zito's exit.

3) S5-Better than S4 basically and does tie up some loose ends to its credit. Suffers from lack of Crockett at times.

4) S4-The good can be really good (Death and The Lady, Child's Play) but the bad can be truly awful-The Unholy Trilogy of Missing Hours, Big Thaw, and Cows of October

• Like 2

I really can't rank the seasons because I go more on episodes and arcs. Every season has good episodes and (in my view) some really bad episodes. If pressed I think my ranking would be S2, S3, half of S1, S4-5 (they tie because of the Burnett arc), and half of S1. S4 ranks high for me because it's got the Caitlin/Hackman arcs and the start of the Burnett arc. Some of my favorite episodes are in S1, but it's also home to some of my least favorite episodes. I go back and forth on S2 and S3 for the same reason. S5 rates because Burnett.

• Like 1

Season 1 is the greatest season in TV history. (10/10)

Season 2 is almost as good. (9.5/10)

Season 3 was solid although it did kind of fall apart after DFTC part 2 and the finale was weak. (7/10)

Season 4 wasn't consistent, Dick Wolf taking full control made a right pigs ear of it. (5.5/10)

Season 5  I did like some episodes but the show felt worn out. (5/10)

• Like 1

On 5/25/2019 at 11:54 PM, Remington said:

How would you rank all five seasons? 

1. Season One - damn near perfect.

2. Season Two - almost as good but there's definitely some filler.

3. Season Three - awesome but a little too melodramatic at times.

4. Season Four - uneven but good.

5. Season Five - feels tired at times but there's still some solid episodes.

I agree with that ^. 

• Like 1

There's never been before or ever will again be a TV show that gave American audiences that electric, forebidden world feeling of the cocaine world of the 1980's.  

MV's whole attraction was the premise it was a music video come to life.  For the first three seasons it was the very pulse of what was cool. 

Edited by S.FL84
  • Like 2

On 5/26/2019 at 12:19 PM, RedDragon86 said:

Season 1 is the greatest season in TV history. (10/10)

Season 2 is almost as good. (9.5/10)

Season 3 was solid although it did kind of fall apart after DFTC part 2 and the finale was weak. (7/10)

Season 4 wasn't consistent, Dick Wolf taking full control made a right pigs ear of it. (5.5/10)

Season 5  I did like some episodes but the show felt worn out. (5/10)

Thumbs up on this one!

• Like 1

MV actually eclipsed the very music videos it was supposed to be imitating and a result changed the look of and how the videos were shot and produced.  >That is truly incredible.

• Like 1