Looking for Crockett blazers

Titus

I'm looking for some Crockett-style blazers. I've been to specialty stores, vintage clothing stores, I've even asked around about having one custom made but no luck.

Does anyone have any suggestions for places to look online or in the real world?

Thank you!

You can't just go to a store in 2019 and pick out your size. If you want something made like a jacket from 1985, you're going to have to either accept that it'll be years spent on eBay waiting for something vintage to pop up in your size (it happens, have patience), or have someone create something for you. If you live in a major city it's possible, if not, I can't say. The best advice I can give is to maybe just try to take inspiration from that style and make it your own, based on your needs in terms of job and climate. For instance, suit supply has many linen sport coats or wool ones, if you're not in Florida. 

8 hours ago, Titus said:

I'm looking for some Crockett-style blazers. I've been to specialty stores, vintage clothing stores, I've even asked around about having one custom made but no luck.

Does anyone have any suggestions for places to look online or in the real world?

Thank you!

Welcome to the site!

What size do you wear?

51 minutes ago, Titus said:

Thanks, Dadrian! 42-44.

You’re welcome. What season(s) are your going for style-wise?

2 hours ago, Dadrian said:

You’re welcome. What season(s) are your going for style-wise?

Seasons 1-2 mostly, although I like some season 4-5's as well. The blazer in the first half of "No Exit" is one of my favorites. The key to me is that loose-fitting look that is the opposite of every blazer you see nowadays. I think that wrinkly linen loose style would stand out today. Sure, some people would laugh at it... but enough others would notice how much it stands out and still looks good.

I don't know where you live but the Macy's website has linen jackets available from Tasso Elba and Lauren Ralph Lauren in various colors, notably pastels, in your size.

Poshmark is also another option online, just put in your size info and it should search based on that.

When it comes to stores, I've found jackets in a few places such as Bloomingdale's and Nordstrom Rack. J. Crew is alright as well, just not much variety. Thrift shops are worth a look, especially if they're in an upper class area. 

Edited by Rattlehead

I've got one of the Macy's Ralph Lauren ones, and it actually works really well. Looks very season 1-2 as well. Pants are what are getting harder to find in my experience.

Dadrian, thank you for posting that other thread. It was incredibly inspiring. I have work to do.

Question: I've set eBay alerts for:

Miami Vice blazer, Miami Vice sportcoat, Miami Vice sport coat, Don Johnson blazer, Don Johnson sportcoat, Don Johnson sport coat, Miami Vice clothes.

Any other search terms you've found helpful? Thanks! :D

1 hour ago, Titus said:

Dadrian, thank you for posting that other thread. It was incredibly inspiring. I have work to do.

Miami Vice blazer, Miami Vice sportcoat, Miami Vice sport coat, Don Johnson blazer, Don Johnson sportcoat, Don Johnson sport coat, Miami Vice clothes.

You’re welcome. Vintage Versace and HUGO Boss will yield good results. Also a brand called “Touch” turns up with good stuff sometimes (I have a couple myself). Keep in mind your Euro size will be 52-54  

Also, look for 80s or 1980s blazers and suits on Etsy.com :thumbsup:

Edited by Dadrian

7 hours ago, Titus said:

Here are terms I use on english speaking ebays:

deconstructed
textured
fleck*
pastel
unstructured
unconstructed
unlined
summer
lightweight
80s
"miami vice"
horizontal
"colorful"
linen
unusual
Asymmetric 

for ebay.it:
lino giacca blazer

for ebay.de:
leinen jacke sakko
75 lange / 30in long
52 brustbreite / 20.5 chest
german size also 94 
Hope you find it useful.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure where I got the link from, but I was looking at this site and at the very least, improving my jacket vocabulary and the range of potential options! Don't suppose anyone has any experience of dealing with them? I'm nothing to do with the company anyway.

https://www.baronboutique.com/2button-linen-jacket?customstyle=true&select[3376]=35992

Now what would Crockett choose.....?