Does Anyone Find it Funny That....

Mrich209

Does anyone find it funny that when Sonny wakes up on that gal's bed in part one of the season 2 opener, his hair is like damn near perfect ? I have the same haircut and when I wake up I look like a cross between Rod Stewart and David Bowie in Labyrinth....

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

57 minutes ago, Mrich209 said:

Does anyone find it funny that when Sonny wakes up on that gal's bed in part one of the season 2 opener, his hair is like damn near perfect ? I have the same haircut and when I wake up I look like a cross between Rod Stewart and David Bowie in Labyrinth....

LOL!! Thanks for the laugh!

And if it makes you feel any better, I'm sure a horde of make up artists swarmed all over him before the cameras started rolling!!! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mrich209 said:

Lol yea it would take an entire team to ensure he woke up looking like he just left the salon lol

Welcome to the forum!!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Mrich209 said:

First time I've gotten a chance to say this...... "Thanks pal !!!" Lol

PERFECT!!

9 minutes ago, Mrich209 said:

Thanks !!! Stoked to see so many other Miami Vice fans !!!

Then, you'll love it here!

• Administrators

What a way to introduce yourself, welcome to our site. :) 

I personally never noticed myself, obviously his hair is perfect but it never occurred to me that he just woke up so it probably should be messy. Maybe he uses a great hair gel. :) 

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, James said:

What a way to introduce yourself, welcome to our site. :) 

I personally never noticed myself, obviously his hair is perfect but it never occurred to me that he just woke up so it probably should be messy. Maybe he uses a great hair gel. :) 

Lmao yea you would think, but the perfectly placed hair and the unaffected slick back, trust me nothing could be further from the truth lol

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Mrich209 said:

Yea...I think you have to take a few things w/a grain of salt re: MV.  There are alot of "dramatic licenses" taken w/ MV.  The most glaring IMO is the Testarossa.   I always refer back to the 48hrs news show interview w/ the REAL miami vice back in like 1986 and how far, far different the real thing was in 1986 than the glamorized show we all love.  My point is like you said about DJ's hair being perfect waking up at his g/f of night's place.  I've been in that same situation 30yrs ago (jeeez thats a loooong time ago!) and basically ran out when she was taking shower.  I don't remember my hair being perfect thats for sure.

Edited by S.FL84
  • Haha 2

As much effort as they put into making DJ's hair look perfect in that bed shot, some guys today try just as hard to make their hair look like they just rolled out of bed.  Times change ...

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, airtommy said:

As much effort as they put into making DJ's hair look perfect in that bed shot, some guys today try just as hard to make their hair look like they just rolled out of bed.  Times change ...

That's a good point!! You're right, times have certainly changed!

The 80's were glamorous, but in a neon-plastic kind of way. Bright colors, giant shoulder pads, and other fashion statements that today, would make you cringe. (not talking about pastel tees and designer jackets, guys. I love those!!)

But Crockett wasn't always perfect. Let's not forget the stubble and rumpled wardrobe. I read that the woman who was the head of the costume department deliberately left his his clothes on the floor to maintain the image of a man who just didn't care. Look at him in the pilot! He was a mess!! 

A handsome mess, but, still...a mess!

wp0_wp0_wp0_wp0_wp0_wp220e8cb7.png.d6b9aeb268e05a62868a764edf88cef5.png

Edited by mjcmmv
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, mjcmmv said:

But Crockett wasn't always perfect. Let's not forget the stubble and rumpled wardrobe. I read that the woman who was the head of the costume department deliberately left his his clothes on the floor to maintain the image of a man who just didn't care. Look at him in the pilot! He was a mess!!

wp0_wp0_wp0_wp0_wp0_wp220e8cb7.png.d6b9aeb268e05a62868a764edf88cef5.png

Yes, good screencap!  I think they made more of an effort to make Crockett look like he just rolled out of bed in the pilot ep, and less so after that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, airtommy said:

Yes, good screencap!  I think they made more of an effort to make Crockett look like he just rolled out of bed in the pilot ep, and less so after that.

Agreed!!! :) 

Call me crazy, but I like the scruffy Crockett more. 

Edited by mjcmmv

On 6/1/2019 at 6:45 PM, Mrich209 said:

See what a great thread you started!!! :happy:

Edited by mjcmmv
  • Like 1

I think the Sonny Crockett haircut is relatively low maintenance though. I'm not a barber, but it always looked like all you had to do was run your hands through it twice and you'd be good to go in the morning.

For a more scruffy "just fell out of bed" look, see the beginning of S2 episode "Whatever works".

• Like 1

That's quite typical of TV shows. Besides, we know Miami Vice often sacrificed realism for style. Also, haha I feel that! My hair in the morning looks terrible.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Daytona74 said:

I think the Sonny Crockett haircut is relatively low maintenance though. I'm not a barber, but it always looked like all you had to do was run your hands through it twice and you'd be good to go in the morning.

For a more scruffy "just fell out of bed" look, see the beginning of S2 episode "Whatever works".

I'm checking it out! Thanks!!