Just found this Youtube Video!

mjcmmv

• Administrators

Cool video montage! I love the transition between Calderone's death to Evan looking right (our left), it was almost like Evan was looking at Calderone. 

They could use this song in Vin Diesels reboot. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, James said:

Cool video montage! I love the transition between Calderone's death to Evan looking right (our left), it was almost like Evan was looking at Calderone. 

They could use this song in Vin Diesels reboot. 

You're right! Love how they connected this! The flow between the episodes was perfect and the music was timed perfectly! I was really impressed!

Edited by mjcmmv
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you very much for sharing this and the kind words MJ. I had a lot of fun making this video. If I ever get some more free time I'd love to make another. Action Jackson himself thanked me personally for making the video. His music really fits the Miami Vice style, so I just had to do something with it. I'll say this, I didn't exactly plan on making Evan "look" at Calderone, but there was an overall 'theme' of using certain moments from the show during specific parts of the songs, as well as certain actions happening in time synced with music. Notice how the video opens with a sunset shot, then a dusk shot, then the entire video is all clips of the show that took place at night? I felt the 'mood' of the song set that tone, so that was the seed that planted the idea. It was my idea of telling a bunch of short stories in 4 minutes. Instead of cutting to various random shots throughout the series, I took specific episodes and sorta 'condensed' the meat of the stories to 30 seconds or less.

I'm also very humbled at how many views the video has gotten, as I must've seen close to 100 similar MV fan-made music videos before I made it, so for mine to now have nearly 100K views makes me feel good that others 'get' what I was going for.

Oh, and here's another video I made around that time. This video's theme was basically just make 1 long car chase sequence, lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LovzNF5AbU&t=46s

Edited by TylerDurden389
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, TylerDurden389 said:

Thank you very much for sharing this and the kind words MJ. I had a lot of fun making this video. If I ever get some more free time I'd love to make another. Action Jackson himself thanked me personally for making the video. His music really fits the Miami Vice style, so I just had to do something with it. I'll say this, I didn't exactly plan on making Evan "look" at Calderone, but there was an overall 'theme' of using certain moments from the show during specific parts of the songs, as well as certain actions happening in time synced with music. Notice how the video opens with a sunset shot, then a dusk shot, then the entire video is all clips of the show that took place at night? I felt the 'mood' of the song set that tone, so that was the seed that planted the idea. It was my idea of telling a bunch of short stories in 4 minutes. Instead of cutting to various random shots throughout the series, I took specific episodes and sorta 'condensed' the meat of the stories to 30 seconds or less.

I'm also very humbled at how many views the video has gotten, as I must've seen close to 100 similar MV fan-made music videos before I made it, so for mine to now have nearly 100K views makes me feel good that others 'get' what I was going for.

Oh, and here's another video I made around that time. This video's theme was basically just make 1 long car chase sequence, lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LovzNF5AbU&t=46s

My pleasure!! And as I said before, it was terrific!!! 

• Like 1