It's so nice and hot
And the 4:3 ratio's
So pretty and right

:dance2:

They always get in so much trouble when they're off screen.:cool:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, summer84 said:

Thanks, you're welcome! 

Really cool to see the alternative Season 3 Downtown opening credit shot with the bridge up (they used it with the bridge down for the credits).

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

How I learned some of this stock footage is film from the first unit, like the "Milk Run" explosion, where multiple cameras were set up for the scene and since it features principle actors. Whereas a second unit doesn't film with principle actors and provides supplementary shots/sequences such as establishing shots etc. Although, with that one exception B-roll footage is usually recorded without sound and most of/if not all of these clips are without. 

Edited by summer84
  • Like 1

Do you ever know they even had cut the scene between Gina And Trudy with Rico from final episode freefall after Rico'd been rescued by Sonny, Stan and S.R.T. of OCB.

Would you like to check and give some idea that how we could find the original version of this episode. It looks like edited after first run on NBC. 

Here is the promo of nbc

I searched that the all episodes's first run on NBC were unedited and had full original footages of the episodes. The original VHS and Betamax tapes probably have the original shots. Why the hell they edited them? If you check Calderone's Return Part I the hit list you would find the same thing that limo hit scene.  There was a promo on youtube announcing as NEXT the episode of Calderone's Return Part II "Calderone's Demise" with Angelina's annoying scream and you could definitely see the cut angle of Ludovici Armstrong from his front when he's shooting at the yellow shirt cop but I couldn't find out there now maybe it's still on youtube but which commercial break of nbc? I found that probably one or two years ago maybe it has been deleted or blocked why don't you all search too on youtube by the way?

Here is I found this thing from another episodes

here they come, could you notice them I really wonder : ) 

These parts don't exist nor DVD neither Blu Ray

Edited by Joey Hardin
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Would be nice to have all of the original scenes, that were shown during the show's first run in a thread in one place. 

Edited by summer84
  • Like 2

On 6/16/2019 at 9:03 PM, Joey Hardin said:

Do you ever know they even had cut the scene between Gina And Trudy with Rico from final episode freefall after Rico'd been rescued by Sonny, Stan and S.R.T. of OCB.  It looks like edited after first run on NBC. 

Very interesting!  This is news to me.

On 6/17/2019 at 7:03 AM, summer84 said:

Would be nice to have all of the original scenes, that were shown during the show's first run in a thread in one place. 

I'm wondering if they're even available out there, unless someone has the VHS copies stored away. I seem to remember that the original prints of the episodes were lost in fire sometime ago. I remember thinking "it's okay... we have the DVD's and lots of folks have tapes".

Now, I realize what a loss it was. 

Edited by mjcmmv

1 hour ago, mjcmmv said:

I'm wondering if they're even available out there, unless someone has the VHS copies stored away. I seem to remember that the original prints of the episodes were lost in fire sometime ago. I remember thinking "it's okay... we have the DVD's and lots of folks have tapes".

I agree fantastic and good quality too.:hippie:

On 6/17/2019 at 12:03 PM, summer84 said:

I agree - Definately long overdue. :hippie:

10 hours ago, mjcmmv said:

There have been eight major fires on Universals Studios Backlot from the year 1932 up through almost each decade with the last devasting fire in 2008. According to NBC Universal president the video vault, that was destroyed by the fire, there were copies of stored elsewhere. Although I wonder if that's a true statement. Here's an extract from the article: https://www.today.com/popculture/universal-studios-fire-sparked-blow-torch-wbna24938578

"Universal Studios President and Chief Operating Officer Ron Meyer said the blaze also gutted a building housing an estimated 40,000 to 50,000 videos and reels in a video vault. But he said there are duplicates of everything stored at a different location. The videos included every film Universal has produced and footage from television series including “Miami Vice” and “I Love Lucy.”"

Shocking and sad news regarding the thousands of destroyed irreplaceable original sound recordings that occured back in 2008 at Universal Studios, but were only revealed recently. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/11/us/master-recordings-universal-fire.html

Edited by summer84
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, mjcmmv said:

IvoryJones was very kind to share with us original broadcasted versions of MV. Direct links to these four MV episodes, if you missed them first time around. Just click on "ivoryjones replied to a t" All courtesy of IvoryJones. I don't know, if there were some original pieces posted elsewhere, but these are the ones I know of. Enjoy! 

Edited by summer84
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, summer84 said:

IvoryJones was very kind to share with us original broadcasted versions of MV. Direct links to these four MV episodes, if you missed them first time around. Just click on "ivoryjones replied to a t" All courtesy of IvoryJones. I don't know, if there were some original pieces posted elsewhere, but these are the ones I know of. Enjoy! 

Thanks. Good to see the Calderone one, especially! Great find!

• Like 1

Love these - the two slight variations. The second shot we see used from Seasons 3-5 just after sunset. The first shot the alternate take from the same location with the bridge up at sunset. This was filmed from the Washington Mutual Building located at the intersection of SW 1st Avenue and SW 9th Street. (Lend Me An Ear, Hostile Takeover).

2E4E915D-7014-44BB-92AD-9CDA9D1009FD.jpeg

FB73DADE-2A59-43F6-A1CC-E8B3FB29D438.jpeg

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 5

There is also this stock video, where we get to see that same location, but a bit larger area, as the camera pans from left to right, that were featured in the season 3-5 opening credits with the bridge down. The first shot captures more in the width with the 16:9 aspect ratio, so we get to see a bit more of the buildings than in the second shot to the right of the picture.

https://www.framepool.com/en/shot/421787251-miami-tower-miami-vice-film-administration-building-miami-florida

image.png.aaaf8fa36566e3e65c8b9463aa73ea9c.png

In the opening montage of S3 the camera pans from right to left. With that last segment edited out. 

731500297_financialdistrict.jpg.e33ffc6190dce872b4e7815b66becc78.jpg

Edited by summer84
picture edit
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, summer84 said:

There is also this stock video, where we get to see that same location, but a bit larger area, as the camera pans from left to right, that were featured in the season 3-5 opening credits with the bridge down. The first shot captures more in the width with the 16:9 aspect ratio, so we get to see a bit more of the buildings than in the second shot to the right of the picture.

https://www.framepool.com/en/shot/421787251-miami-tower-miami-vice-film-administration-building-miami-florida

image.png.aaaf8fa36566e3e65c8b9463aa73ea9c.png

In the opening montage of S3 the camera pans from right to left. With that last segment edited out. 

731500297_financialdistrict.jpg.e33ffc6190dce872b4e7815b66becc78.jpg

Really nice - and good to see what they filmed and were considering for the Season 3 opening credits. They went for the slighter darker skies after sunset I see in the end.

• 1 year later...

I can’t seem to view that clip from “Trust Fund Pirates”. I registered for free account but it doesn’t let me preview or request download. Also, I think summer84 put the clip on DailyMotion but that link is dead. Any help here?

Edited by AndrewRemington

I can’t seem to view any of the Miami clips on Framepool. They all say “rights not available”. :evil:

Edited by AndrewRemington

I just saw that. The videos are no longer available, only the still shots. :(

But Bodie had all the clips.

Edited by summer84