Jack Nicholson films

BunMVO

I'm a big fan of Jack Nicholson and have been watching a lot of his films recently. Anyone have recommendations of good, maybe underrated Nicholson films? I've seen The Shining, A Few Good Men, As Good as It Gets, Five Easy Pieces, Chinatown, The Two Jakes, One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest, Something's Gotta Give, The Departed to name the most popular ones. He does have a lot of films. Recommendations, anyone?

The Last Detail is a great little film. Especially if you have military experience. Blood and Wine I also think is a great neo-noir piece that takes place in Miami.

• Like 1

A charasmatic and versatile actor, who can transform himself into any part. 

This is personal opinion, but aside from some of those you listed, I've seen a few others, that I recall being good, fun and interesting like About Schmidt (2002), a serious and emotional movie yet with lighter moments about a old man's life after retirement. Nominated for two Oscar's. Maybe The Bucket List, (2007) Nicholson starring alongside Morgan Freeman. Anger Management would be interesting to watch, since it's with Adam Sandler. Haven't seen it. And a personal favorite, Jack Nicholson in the role of The Joker in the movie Batman from (1989)

• Like 1

Damn..I wanted to recommend Five Easy Pieces. That was a cool film and very well written. There's a part where Jack visits his dysfunctional family due to his father's ill health and he tries to get his brother's chick to leave(or escape) with him, she says something like "I'm not going with you because of them but because of you, you don't love yourself". That was when it first hit me that you needed to respect and love yourself before expecting anyone else to do so. Powerful movie.

I saw Reds, with Warren Beatty. It was kind of boring but then Jack shows up with his irreplaceable charm and steals the whole movie. He always had good chemistry with Diane Keaton.

Batman is a must watch :thumbsup:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Vincent Hanna said:

Damn..I wanted to recommend Five Easy Pieces. That was a cool film and very well written. There's a part where Jack visits his dysfunctional family due to his father's ill health and he tries to get his brother's chick to leave(or escape) with him, she says something like "I'm not going with you because of them but because of you, you don't love yourself". That was when it first hit me that you needed to respect and love yourself before expecting anyone else to do so. Powerful movie.

I saw Reds, with Warren Beatty. It was kind of boring but then Jack shows up with his irreplaceable charm and steals the whole movie. He always had good chemistry with Diane Keaton.

Batman is a must watch :thumbsup:

I thought Five Easy Pieces was good. Although, it did give me this weird, uneasy feeling that I can't quite explain. I think partly because of the depressing plot and partly because of the hellishly bleak scenery and lack of music. Very much different from a stylized Miami Vice episode. Still, the story was good and intriguing and I enjoyed it thoroughly. I swear, his needy girlfriend in that movie gave me flashbacks to bad personal experiences.

I'll have to check out Reds. I thought about Batman, but I don't really care for superhero movies. Might watch anyway.

8 hours ago, RedDragon86 said:

I really enjoyed "The Missouri Breaks" 

Absolutely! Don't know how I forgot that one. An incredible and unique western with one of Brando's last iconic roles. It wasn't well received initially but it reached a cult status over time. I think people were expecting something much different and conventional. 

• Like 1