Dadrian's Covers

Ferrariman

• Administrators

I'm sure most members have heard Dadrian's covers of Jan Hammer's Vice cues.  For those that haven't,  please check them out. Especially his newest "Val" and the "Manhattan Mix" (my personal favorite)  

Creative people are usually the most critical of their work.  As with most artists, Dadrian was never completely happy with his.   I used to joke that even Jan Hammer would be hard pressed to tell his work from Dadrian's.  It's not a joke anymore. In my opinion, Dadrian's work has reached the point where his covers are indistinguishable from Jan Hammer's cues.   I for one, continue to be blown away by his work!

Check them out here:  https://miamiviceonline.com/index.php?/files/

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ferrariman said:

I'm sure most members have heard Dadrian's covers of Jan Hammer's Vice cues.  For those that haven't,  please check them out. Especially his newest "Val" and the "Manhattan Mix" (my personal favorite)  

Creative people are usually the most critical of their work.  As with most artists, Dadrian was never completely happy with his.   I used to joke that even Jan Hammer would be hard pressed to tell his work from Dadrian's.  It's not a joke anymore. In my opinion, Dadrian's work has reached the point where his covers are indistinguishable from Jan Hammer's cues.   I for one, continue to be blown away by his work!

Check them out here:  https://miamiviceonline.com/index.php?/files/

They are amazing!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Ferrariman pinned this topic
  • 1 year later...

Actually Dadrian's covers are what brought me here. They are amazing work and actually inspired me to start doing some work with electronic music things myself. While the songs are covers, Dadrian's work brings new life to Jan Hammer's soundtrack to the point that I actually prefer Dadrian's to the original recordings. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
44 minutes ago, RedDragon86 said:

The "Remission" cover is his masterpiece.

It's flawless.

Thank you. I have a list of things that will make it even flawlesser. :) 

If I could just find the time...

My 10 yr old signed up for baseball this fall, and between coaching, practices, and games, I haven’t gotten to set foot in my studio for the past month, and probably won’t for at least two more weeks. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

Thank you. I have a list of things that will make it even flawlesser. :) 

If I could just find the time...

My 10 yr old signed up for baseball this fall, and between coaching, practices, and games, I haven’t gotten to set foot in my studio for the past month, and probably won’t for at least two more weeks. 

It would fantastic if you got round to doing the airport chase in "Milk Run" 

I love that one.

Edited by RedDragon86

2 minutes ago, RedDragon86 said:

It would fantastic if you got round to doing the airport chase in "Milk Run" 

I love that one.

That could be an easy one. 

I would probably just sample and loop the frantic pattern and remake the rest over it. 

I might could even add the layers heard in “By Hooker By Crook” as heard when Ali is fleeing her apartment during the opening credits. 

• Like 2