I Finally Realized The Truth of The Death Stranding

Bren10

From deep inside Kojima HQ...

The truth is there is no game. The plan is simply to continue releasing a series of cryptic and inexplicable trailers to make people think there will actually be a game and build anticipation. This is what Kojima meant when he said the game has already begun. He is playing us. Not the other way around.  Notice he always says "Sam will do this" and "Sam will do that". Never "You, the player, will do this". That's because you won't be doing anything. Ever. Except watching. The "release date" is actually an in-story date stating when the catastrophe, or Death Stranding, actually occurred. Apologies to those who have already preordered. Those funds are going to more trailers. I'm sure there will be attempted legal action over this, but Kojima has already pre-emptively investigated loopholes and fine print to exploit. This will be the greatest and longest troll-job of all time. So enjoy your non-game.

Yours Regretfully,

H. Ludens

Have you been drinking? ;) Honestly this and Cyberpunk 2077 are the only two new IP's that look interesting.

Kojima is using Guerrilla's engine and I really enjoyed Horizon Zero Dawn even though it was full of SJW moments.

My drinking has nothing to do with it, thank you. But no, I'm just reflecting the frustration many fans have had with this title. I'm a huge Kojima fan myself and am anticipating this and will probably preorder. But there is a serious possibility this game could flop, and the danger of that becomes higher the longer he draws it out without telling us anything because interest can plateau out and actually backfire. Like a kid you keep jerking away the candy from when you pretend you're going to give it to him. Eventually the kid just says f*** it and stops being interested. Especially if Kojima keeps making grandiose promises like "genre defining" etc. that he may not be able to live up to. Remember all the grandiose statements about MGSV and how he'd have to leave the industry because it may be too controversial? I mean the weakest looking parts in the trailers has been the gameplay itself. But I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt and I really am hoping for the best. And if there is another trailer before Nov 8 that would make what, 7 over the course of 2 years? I mean come on already. Let's have something more tangible to actually sell the game. I don't want everything spoiled either, but there's better ways to promote this because other games have done it.

Edited by Bren10

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/13/2019 at 10:42 AM, Marc said:

Have you been drinking? ;) Honestly this and Cyberpunk 2077 are the only two new IP's that look interesting.

Kojima is using Guerrilla's engine and I really enjoyed Horizon Zero Dawn even though it was full of SJW moments.

Unfortunately with this trailer (and the other two cut-scene ones) a lot of what I was saying has come to pass in terms of people's reactions. He'd better have something good at Tokyo Gameshow or people are going to stop caring. He will have to depend on word of of mouth post-release to make this a hit if he just doesn't want to show anything pre-launch.

• 4 weeks later...