Cool Testarossa package deal

IA-SteveB

The below is from a car auction site I follow, bringatrailer.com

Is this not the perfect package if it came with the house too?  This is straight up Miami Vice material.

1986_ferrari_testarossa_156029919998764d

• Like 6

For Me it is the closest Testarossa package i've seen ! Wonderful ! One Day I will buy one and it will be I hope the most perfect replica :done:  But it's too bad because it is becoming more and more rare and moreover it sells like hotcakes because they are so iconic 

• Like 1

The car didn’t hit the reserve price (which is undisclosed of course).   I’m guessing the seller wanted $115k for it  at a minimum.  It sold a while back for $130k

• Like 1

I've always been curious, is there an authentic key fob that should go with a Testarossa or are they always purchased afterwards from third party manufacturers?

Perhaps someone knows which one is more appropriate? Also, which one did Crockett have, let me know if you have any clues!

1986_ferrari_testarossa_15602988335d565ef66e7dff1986-Ferrari-Testarossa-Bianco-Legend-Car-Company_6201.jpg

P036Web.jpg

Great question about the key fob. My Testarossa has threee three keys but none of them have a Ferrari key “fob”.

Crockett had a Ferrari keychain but if you remember that was on his Daytona. I don’t recall ever seeing it on his white testarossa.  

• 4 weeks later...

Well its like anything else, you dont see the keys and the keyfobs until their a point in the story or a visual cue, as with that daytona scene it was him betting it on a pool game, so it needed the key chain to show off that it was that.  Other times the keys are already in the car and its been sitting as they've been filming, as they are just a pair of keys.

Yeah I wouldnt be the least bit surprised to find its the house where they filmed the its burnett, where he spells it out for the guy who played the big bad in the original Borne in 2004, scene, where it doubled as an art gallery with a yellow porsche RS out in front of it.

Edited by Kavinsky