Hello everybody!

NoDayWithoutVice

Hello!

I registered recently at this board and want to introduce myself here. I'm a big Vice fan and silent reader for a few years now, so I decided to parcitipate active to the board.

My name is Andreas, I live in germany and at the moment I'm 32 years old. So I didn't come to contact with MV during it's initial run, this should happen much later :). I was already registered at the german board, I think over ten years ago, when it still was "miamivice.info". But I didn't find my posts of that time, anyway it where only a few.

I decided to introduce myself here, because the english community is much more active than the german.

My addiction to Miami Vice came through my addiction to the 1980s which I adopted shortly before.
During my childhood I was often confronted with the 1970s from my parants, because this was the decade in which they grew up. So I love the 70s too, but the 80s are rather my decade now. I never payed much attention to the 80s until 2003. In this year GTA: Vice City came out for PC (I had no PS2), which I think, is often the cause for many of the "younger generation" to get in touch with Vice.
At that time this really flashed me. I think until today GTA: VC is the videogame I played completely through the most times.

Sure I knew certain 80s music and TV shows before, but since that then I was actively looking for everything of that time. So I figured out that GTA: VC was much influenced by MV, from which I've never heard before. I had to see it, but back then it was not possible to watch, because it only ran on a Pay-TV station in Germany and the DVDs came out later.

In 2006 the TV-Station "Kabel 1" announced to syndicate MV in their afternoon program. The season 1 DVD came already out in October 2005, but I got that out of attention. Although Kabel 1 cut additionally the already cutted german dubbed episodes to air it afternoon, I nevertheless enjoyed it, soaked it in and immediately became a fan.
Since then I bought all the DVDs and watch the show in a endless loop. About every year I come through all 5 seasons. Last year I imported the Mill Creek Blu-Ray-Disc-Set and I'm watching now all episodes uncut with original audio for the first time.

I also love cglide's Location Website very much! Everytime I watched a episode I visit his site and look for all the filming locations.

I also built since then my own 80s world around me including electronics and cars and so on of that era. So I'm a pretty strange guy which often confuses other people.  But I never was someone who fitted in society very well, so I'm used to that.

I hope that introduction didn't get to long now. I'm looking forward now for interesting coversations with other MV-fans!

Greetings,

Andreas

• Like 3

vor 6 Stunden schrieb NoDayWithoutVice:

Last year I imported the Mill Creek Blu-Ray-Disc-Set and I'm watching now all episodes uncut with original audio for the first time.

I do the same just now:) (on DVD) When I first see MV it also was the cut (german) version. And I missed such a lot important and great scenes they cut out!

Welcome to this forum!

Thanks to all for your welcome whishes!

vor 17 Stunden schrieb Glades:

I do the same just now:) (on DVD) When I first see MV it also was the cut (german) version. And I missed such a lot important and great scenes they cut out!

Welcome to this forum!

Oh yes I agree! Unfortunately the BDs have absolutely no subtitles. In some scenes where the spoken is acoustically hard to understand I miss them. But I've seen all the episodes often enough in german to know what's going on.

vor 14 Stunden schrieb Miami.Vice.1984:

:balloon::)WELCOME BACK @NoDayWithoutVice  !!:):balloon:

384971065_WelcomeHomePal!.thumb.png.400fe461bd6994fe71138a5615d527f6.png

Great picture! I love Trudy's hair!

• Like 1

Welcome Andreas to the premier Miami Vice website. It is good to see you here. I look forward to your posts and a German perspective on the show.

vor 8 Stunden schrieb NoDayWithoutVice:

Unfortunately the BDs have absolutely no subtitles. In some scenes where the spoken is acoustically hard to understand I miss them. But I've seen all the episodes often enough in german to know what's going on.

How many episodes have you seen so far in the original version? I have reached the end of season 3. My understanding of the dialogues definitely has improved over time. And it's much more fun than English lessons at school!

• Like 1

Hi!

The last episode I've seen in original was "Everbody's in Showbiz". Yes, as more you use English the better it gets. But I have to use English often at work, so this is not new to me. But there are always some terms that I've hadn't heard before.

Greetings!

• Administrators
On 7/10/2019 at 3:10 AM, NoDayWithoutVice said:

I also built since then my own 80s world around me including electronics and cars and so on of that era. So I'm a pretty strange guy which often confuses other people.  But I never was someone who fitted in society very well, so I'm used to that.

That sounds like a lot of the members here so you should feel right at home!  Welcome Andreas!  If you need help with anything, just ask!