Two unidentified third-Party instrumentals found

Tom

By accident, I have found two unidentified instrumental tracks (no Hammer, Petersen or Truman tune!). One I thought was Petersen, but it isn’t, the other was always clearly a non-Petersen track, but I gave up on it-before I stumbled across it today.

both are season4:

1. „Conferring with the moon“ by William Ackermann, 1986. It’s the piece on the Scarab when Caitlin and Sonny fall in love in „Like a hurricane“. I always thought this was a Petersen tune.

2. „Capricho Arabe“ by Francisco Tarrega. It’s from 1892 and is played as dinner background music in „Honor among thieves“ when Crockett, Tubbs, Palmo and Cyrus have dinner. 

With this, we have all, even obscure non-Score instrumentals found. Cannot recall any other missing.

I will update my episode guide. If one of the moderators can update the music and the episode section respectively?

Edited by Tom
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, Tom said:

By accident, I have found two unidentified instrumental tracks (no Hammer, Petersen or Truman tune!). One I thought was Petersen, but it isn’t, the other was always clearly a non-Petersen track, but I gave up on it-before I stumbled across it today.

both are season4:

1. „Conferring with the moon“ by William Ackermann, 1986. It’s the piece on the Scarab when Caitlin and Sonny fall in love in „Like a hurricane“. I always thought this was a Petersen tune.

2. „Capricho Arabe“ by Francisco Tarrega. It’s from 1892 and is played as dinner background music in „Honor among thieves“ when Crockett, Tubbs, Palmo and Cyrus have dinner. 

With this, we have all, even obscure non-Score instrumentals found. Cannot recall any other missing.

I will update my episode guide. If one of the moderators can update the music and the episode section respectively?

Wow that is amazing - both are on you tube. The “Like A Hurricane “ track by Ackerman, it’s really nice, is not available on iTunes however - the track by Tarrega (“Honor Among Thieves”) is.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Matt for posting both links to YT, I forgot to do this. Mea culpa, blame it to my excitement to having found these two!

I was one of the earliest Music buffs for identifying all MV music long before Internet and YouTube and had closed that chapter long ago because there was nothing more to find (so I moved to location hunting!)- until today! 

Edited by Tom

51 minutes ago, Tom said:

Thanks Matt for posting both links to YT, I forgot to do this. Mea culpa, blame it to my excitement to having found these two!

I was one of the earliest Music buffs for identifying all MV music long before Internet and YouTube and had closed that chapter long ago because there was nothing more to find (so I moved to location hunting!)- until today! 

Thankyou Tom - really interesting . The Ackerman piece, Conferring with the Moon (1986), from “Like a Hurricane “ is a real beaut of a piece.

Edited by Matt5

There is an I identified (as far as I know) tune playing as Crockett and Tubbs ascend the staircase at the Versace mansion to search Leon’s apartment in the pilot. You almost have to wear headphones to hear it. 

• Like 2

vor 1 Minute schrieb Dadrian:

There is an I identified (as far as I know) tune playing as Crockett and Tubbs ascend the staircase at the Versace mansion to search Leon’s apartment in the pilot. You almost have to wear headphones to hear it. 

That means only people under 20 can hear it?:p never have noticed that, but if U can’t hear it, I can’t hunt it!

5 hours ago, Tom said:

That means only people under 20 can hear it?:p never have noticed that, but if U can’t hear it, I can’t hunt it!

Idk. I’m 39. My ears are pretty good though. :p:radio:

• 9 months later...
On 7/13/2019 at 11:15 AM, Tom said:

both are season4:

Great finds!

The Episode Guide has not been updated.  I have no idea which members have that ability?  @James

• Like 1

On 7/13/2019 at 12:49 PM, Dadrian said:

If I could ever remember to check this out while I’m at my computer, I could isolate the soundtrack and (hopefully) identify the song. 

• Administrators
On 4/15/2020 at 12:28 PM, airtommy said:

Great finds!

The Episode Guide has not been updated.  I have no idea which members have that ability?  @James

I'll verify in the episodes and add it to the posts. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1