Pilot Script

Robbie C.

Nice! Not one of the better episodes in my view, but it's always good to see what the writers had in mind before it hit the screen. I've been looking for the Buddies script off and on but haven't found anything yet.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, airtommy said:

I believe all scripts are available.  See details here:

https://miamiviceonline.com/index.php?/topic/11887-full-episode-scripts/&do=findComment&comment=185863

Why is this thread in the "Fan Fiction" forum? 

Because I referenced the pilot script in threads here. And the 'springfield' site referenced in the linked thread is mainly what appears to be transcriptions of episodes, not actual scripts. And at least a few of them aren't correctly linked. Buddies, for example, pulls up a dialog-only version of Dutch Over.

Edited by Robbie C.

Just now, Robbie C. said:

Because I referenced the pilot script in threads here. And that site you're linking is more what appears to be transcriptions of episodes, not actual scripts. And at least a few of them aren't correctly linked. Buddies, for example, pulls up a dialog-only version of Dutch Over.

No, scroll down to MiamiJimf 's post.  It's been reported that those are real scripts for sale at Script City.

Fan fiction is when a Vice fan writes his own script for an episode or movie.  Let's move this thread to General.

Move it wherever you like. I put it here simply so those of us who write could have a point of reference without digging through other stuff. And I looked at the script city stuff as well...many of them are labeled draft when you go to the full item description. I'd be curious to see which draft version they had for each episode, but it's not really worth $10 a shot to find out. Although I am sorely tempted by Buddies.

vor 45 Minuten schrieb Robbie C.:

Move it wherever you like. I put it here simply so those of us who write could have a point of reference without digging through other stuff. And I looked at the script city stuff as well...many of them are labeled draft when you go to the full item description. I'd be curious to see which draft version they had for each episode, but it's not really worth $10 a shot to find out. Although I am sorely tempted by Buddies.

But airtommy is right. Please stick to the right forum sections. A pilot script is no fan fiction. And there is a search function, so no need to post in wrong sections for easier finding. And, it is not cool to tell others to move the post on his or her effort, when you can easily (and should) do it right from the get! See it as our „Please do not litter!“ sign.

BTW you differentiate transcriptions and scripts. All scripts on Script City are genuine but most of them are drafts, i.e. not final versions as they were changed often every day and 20 times before they reached a final version for filming. Thus there were much more drafts then scripts around that had to be distributed physically to lots of people (they had to have great printers as no Internet) . Accordingly the likelyhood that drafts that were handed out to a crew member during the pre production process made it finally to script city is much higher than that of a final version.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Robbie C. said:

Since I can't move threads, perhaps one of the mods would be able to relocate this one? Or delete/lock if that makes more sense.

I just PMed James, he'll likely move it when he logs in.  Thanks for posting this!  This is an exciting find and I just hate to see it get buried in a subforum most people don't look.

Edited by airtommy