great EJO article

jpaul1

18 minutes ago, jpm1 said:

in French, but cool interview of EJO. i learnt something i ignored. that Castillo was a pure EJO product. the producers gave him full control over the character

https://deuxflicsamiami.fr/Articles/Castillo-en-Europe-un-chic-type.html

Great article!! I love learning about the work and effort that went into creating the characters.

EJO is a class act. It's fortunate they gave him complete control. Thank you for posting!

• Like 1

vor 16 Stunden schrieb jpm1:

in French, but cool interview of EJO. i learnt something i ignored. that Castillo was a pure EJO product. the producers gave him full control over the character

https://deuxflicsamiami.fr/Articles/Castillo-en-Europe-un-chic-type.html

The fact EJO having (as only actor) „full artistic control“ per his contract is well known. On a E-Street(?) Video about MV many years ago EJO explained in detail that this was the reason for an argument with DJ on the set. EJO used his contract right and changed the office (clean the table) and the rules (closed door, detectives have to knock,...). DJ was used to buddy style of Gregory Sierra and complained to producers but they explained EJOs control clause. DJ threw a tantrum and he and EJO did not look each other in the eyes for the next 8 episodes. 

• Like 1

• Administrators

Not to get off topic but I was watching an episode of "Starsky & Hutch the other day. EJO was a guest star.   Even more to my surprise, when watching the final credits the episode was written by Michael Mann!

The episode was "The Psychic" from 1977  making him 30 years old at the time.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...