Thoughts

Robbie C.

So Echoes just wrapped up. That marks what are pretty much two novels in a little over a month and a half and a short story not much before that, running from Payback to The More Things Change... to Echoes. Echoes was about 122000 words, TMTC a bit under that, and Payback was a bit over 13k. They were all written in real time and in sequence. I started Payback back in April, TMTC in mid-May, and Echoes right after I posted the conclusion to TMTC.

Hopefully those of you who stuck with them enjoyed the ride. The task force arc is a bit different than traditional OCB Vice, but to me it seemed a logical next step, especially for Castillo. Some old characters, some new. People you might never have put together getting together. And maybe some enjoyable new villains to dislike before they met their ends.

Edited by Robbie C.
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, Robbie C. said:

So Echoes just wrapped up. That marks what are pretty much two novels in a little over a month and a half and a short story not much before that, running from Payback to The More Things Change... to Echoes. Echoes was about 122000 words, TMTC a bit under that, and Payback was a bit over 13k. They were all written in real time and in sequence. I started Payback 

Hopefully those of you who stuck with them enjoyed the ride. The task force arc is a bit different than traditional OCB Vice, but to me it seemed a logical next step, especially for Castillo. Some old characters, some new. People you might never have put together getting together. And maybe some enjoyable new villains to dislike before they met their ends.

It was an amazing ride! Felt like I was on the MV rollercoaster again. Thank you for all the effort you put into this!

• Thanks 1

Another thing behind this was me trying to answer some of the many things the show left unanswered. What happened to Rico's son and the Calderone clan? Maynard? The rest of the OCB crew? Did Sonny get Caitlin's money, and if so what happened to it and the house? All those things big and small (like where was Caitlin buried and did Sonny ever visit her grave?) that bugged me and went unanswered. And not all of them were from the last season. What happened to Robbie, for example? So I just decided to find my own answers to those questions in a way that made sense.

• Like 1