Headed to Miami

Miree205

I’m headed to Miami at the end of the month. I’m going to key Biscayne to check out the lighthouse in the hit list. What else are some must sees on a limited time frame?

1 hour ago, Miree205 said:

Pictures are amazing. Is the lighthouse easily accessible and is it overcrowded? I was hoping for it to be isolated like the scene haha

Thanks! 

I’m not sure if there’s a shorter way, but we walked around the edge of the island from the parking lot. It was enjoyable. As for the crowd, I would imagine that all depends on when you go. You could try Googling the park for peak hours. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Miree205 said:

Pictures are amazing. Is the lighthouse easily accessible and is it overcrowded? I was hoping for it to be isolated like the scene haha

If you want to go inside the lighthouse, you have to take the tour.  The tour is given 5 days a week (closed Tue and Wed).

https://www.floridastateparks.org/parks-and-trails/bill-baggs-cape-florida-state-park/cape-florida-light

No, it's not crowded.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I love key Biscayne spent a good chunk my day here nice and laid back atmosphere and I had to see this it was my #1 on my list. Went to the beach on the other side as well.42A0B755-35E2-431D-A822-465DA9F73BDE.jpeg

Edited by Miree205
  • Like 7

21 minutes ago, Miree205 said:

I love key Biscayne spent a good chunk my day here nice and laid back atmosphere and I had to see this it was my #1 on my list. Went to the beach on the other side as well.42A0B755-35E2-431D-A822-465DA9F73BDE.jpeg

Loved it there! Enjoy your stay! It's going to be very special!!

• Like 1

The only thing I might add traffic is an absolute nightmare. I couldn’t imagine how they would film a new series on location as the areas they used to filmed are congested. Would be a lot of Greenwich studios vs inside on set etc. 

I also tried to get to the boat section at bayside and it was all blocked

Edited by Miree205