Huarache sandals

Titus

While the ones Crockett wore were white (although I swear I saw him in some brown ones just like these somewhere), I just ordered these because they're similar and I like the look, plus the fact they're handmade:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/523970764/mens-huaraches-sandals-mexican-100?ref=shop_home_active_11&frs=1

They come from Mexico, so I don't expect them soon but when they arrive I'll post a review.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Titus said:

While the ones Crockett wore were white (although I swear I saw him in some brown ones just like these somewhere), I just ordered these because they're similar and I like the look, plus the fact they're handmade:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/523970764/mens-huaraches-sandals-mexican-100?ref=shop_home_active_11&frs=1

They come from Mexico, so I don't expect them soon but when they arrive I'll post a review.

Awesome! Yes keep us posted. 

As for Crockett in brown shoes, he wore some salmon-kind-of-color shoes in Score (Golden Triangle pt. 1). Maybe those?

• Like 1

You'd see 'em wearing their baggies
Huarache sandals too
A bushy bushy blonde hairdo
Surfin' U. S. A.

:radio:

Edited by airtommy
  • Haha 1

Those are cool.  I hate reading reviews where some say they are too big and some say they are too small.  I'd be afraid of my heel slipping out because I often guess wrong on mail order footwear.  I wish you could trace your foot and send it.

Edited by IA-SteveB
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

So I finally got these. They took almost a month, which I expected. No problem. They're very nice, handcrafted, and well-made.

But I don't like them. I'm not sure why. They're not the most comfortable shoes, but I understand that in time they'd wear in. I regret buying them, but that's not a knock on them, it's more a knock on my impulse buying habit. I'd still recommend the maker to anyone who would want a pair and the Etsy transaction was easy. I'll still wear them to the beach humming "Good Vibrations." :dance2:

Now, on the other hand, I ordered a pair of Lugz Clipper slip on sneakers in white and love love love them. They're incredibly comfortable. I may order a second pair for when these wear out:

https://www.macys.com/shop/product/lugz-mens-clipper-slip-on-sneaker?ID=10042204

• Like 1

On 8/5/2019 at 10:17 PM, airtommy said:

You'd see 'em wearing their baggies
Huarache sandals too
A bushy bushy blonde hairdo
Surfin' U. S. A.

:radio:

Great song though.:glossy:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Titus said:

So I finally got these. They took almost a month, which I expected. No problem. They're very nice, handcrafted, and well-made.

But I don't like them. I'm not sure why. They're not the most comfortable shoes, but I understand that in time they'd wear in. I regret buying them, but that's not a knock on them, it's more a knock on my impulse buying habit. I'd still recommend the maker to anyone who would want a pair and the Etsy transaction was easy. I'll still wear them to the beach humming "Good Vibrations." :dance2:

Now, on the other hand, I ordered a pair of Lugz Clipper slip on sneakers in white and love love love them. They're incredibly comfortable. I may order a second pair for when these wear out:

https://www.macys.com/shop/product/lugz-mens-clipper-slip-on-sneaker?ID=10042204

Readily available at Macy’s?

Edited by Matt5

Hmm, it looks like they're sold out of 10.5, 11.5, and 12. I checked the Lugz site and they have them in all sizes but 13. I get the sneaky feeling that this is a discontinued item but they haven't said so yet.

Edited by Titus
correcting a number