Unfilmed script?

Dadrian

Never heard of that script and a have done 20+ years of research. Also the date 1 May 86 is a strong indicator that this is not official as they never registered scripts in between seasons. That’s maybe a draft somebody wrote but it never came close to a chance to get filmed.

the only unfilmed (real approved scripts that were cancelled before filming) scripts that I know of are „Wild card“ from end of season 2 and „The edge“ from end of season 5. from the latter we know s storyline and some planned locations.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank you! I will always be disappointed that didn't become a reality. Especially since it was a Sonny and Gina episode. Seemed like a really good story. 

Hey guys, just came across this item on ebay and lo and behold there's a topic here for it!

I do not want to claim to be an expert in anyway, but the item in the auction looks more like a "treatment" that a writer would pen for acceptance (approved by producer/showrunner/studio/network), and then after acceptance, write the fleshed out script. The format for the item looks different (and also reads different) than the other scripts found and for example, Season 3's "The Cell Within" also clocks in at 50 pages (23 more pages). I noticed the May date as well and thought that maybe it was during the time of the year for writers to submit their ideas before production ramped up. The notary on the front page is an unusual part as well, which might be for the writer to protect his spec idea before confirmation of an approved deal/contract.

1. Anyone have scans of the other unfilmed scripts, they'd be cool to read.

2. Have you guys ever read any of these scripts and compared? I just did it with the couple pages from "The Cell Within" and in the few scanned pages, there's a couple differences between the script (which was the final revised script) and the finished episode. Pretty cool and I wonder where along the process those came up, why, and who made those calls. Interesting to compare and contrast.

Edited by lindenska

The three unfilmed scripts mentioned never appeared in public. The last one („The edge“, season 5) was bought by a guy a few years ago from somebody who was somehow involved in the series. I had chance to talk to that buyer. He told me some details about the storyline and the some planned locations as well who wrote it and who was planned as director. I added all this info to my episode guide (can be found here and on lulu). 

MV was famous for many last minute script changes (who were triggered by directors, producers,...). Often a new location or 100 extras had to be organized one day ahead of filming.

• 4 weeks later...

Wild Card? what did it continue on the story of the episode payback by any chance, as I always thought that was odd that they set up this big deal about sonny's cover as Crockett being blown permanently, yet their was no real damage to it beyond that episode.

• Like 1