timm's cat

jpaul1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Wow! I have no idea how I've missed this post. So sorry I missed this.  :hot:

I feel kinda honored someone made a post about my avatar. 

So here's my story with the cat. This isn't my cat. I actually came across this many, many years ago and as far as I can recall, I always used this as my avatar even back in the .org days of MV. Ferrariman might recall.

What I liked is the cat has personality. He clicks his remote, drinks his beer and....if you look real closely....scratches his balls! :dance2:

I knew when I saw him that was going to be my avatar and has been on all the forums I've ever been on.

There is one more that I also liked and that's the one with the cat shooting the AK47 with his mouth open like he's yelling. I think one of our members on here actually has that as his avatar. 

I also once told Ferrariman that I was good as long as no one else ever posted my avatar (yes I'm claiming it's mine now. Kinda like that 7 years of common law marraige thing...:) ) as I wouldn't permit it on the board. The whole he who has the gold makes the rules thing applies here. This to me has become kinda like my trademark. 

I've had two cats in real life. One looks exactly like the pic Glades posted above...about ten years ago. Today my cat is getting ready to celebrate his 17th birthday at the end of the month at Halloween. I rescued him from a hospital I was working at back then. His mother had given birth and abandoned him and another one. I took him, another employee took the all black cat. Both were severely malnourished. I bottle fed mine with hight protein stuff from the kitty pet store. The othe cat was so badly malnourished his/her back legs didn't work but they kept him/her anyway. Not sure what ever happened.

My second cat was a big fat black and white I rescued from my cousin. He lived with me for about ten years before passing on to kitty heaven. ;( He will be forever missed!

So there you have it. More info then you ever wanted to know I'm sure. :)

IMG_6975.JPG

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, timm525 said:

There is one more that I also liked and that's the one with the cat shooting the AK47 with his mouth open like he's yelling. I think one of our members on here actually has that as his avatar. 

That's me!!  I saw this avatar many years ago and thought that was perrrrrfect for me.  Some times when my Boomer is misbehaving I think he must have an AK47 hidden somewhere in the house and may just use it.  

• Like 3

• Administrators
12 hours ago, timm525 said:

I always used this as my avatar even back in the .org days of MV. Ferrariman might recall.

Remember it well. It's the only avatar I've ever seen you use. It's become synonymous with your account. A true classic! 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 10/5/2019 at 12:58 AM, timm525 said:

Wow! I have no idea how I've missed this post. So sorry I missed this.  :hot:

I feel kinda honored someone made a post about my avatar. 

So here's my story with the cat. This isn't my cat. I actually came across this many, many years ago and as far as I can recall, I always used this as my avatar even back in the .org days of MV. Ferrariman might recall.

What I liked is the cat has personality. He clicks his remote, drinks his beer and....if you look real closely....scratches his balls! :dance2:

I knew when I saw him that was going to be my avatar and has been on all the forums I've ever been on.

I also once told Ferrariman that I was good as long as no one else ever posted my avatar (yes I'm claiming it's mine now. Kinda like that 7 years of common law marraige thing...:) ) as I wouldn't permit it on the board. The whole he who has the gold makes the rules thing applies here. This to me has become kinda like my trademark. 

I've had two cats in real life. One looks exactly like the pic Glades posted above...about ten years ago. Today my cat is getting ready to celebrate his 17th birthday at the end of the month at Halloween. I rescued him from a hospital I was working at back then. His mother had given birth and abandoned him and another one. I took him, another employee took the all black cat. Both were severely malnourished. I bottle fed mine with hight protein stuff from the kitty pet store. The othe cat was so badly malnourished his/her back legs didn't work but they kept him/her anyway. Not sure what ever happened.

My second cat was a big fat black and white I rescued from my cousin. He lived with me for about ten years before passing on to kitty heaven. ;( He will be forever missed!

So there you have it. More info then you ever wanted to know I'm sure. :)

IMG_6975.JPG

Great post! I love it and it says a lot about you (all good).

• Like 1

On 10/5/2019 at 8:24 AM, Vicefan7777 said:

That's me!!  I saw this avatar many years ago and thought that was perrrrrfect for me.  Some times when my Boomer is misbehaving I think he must have an AK47 hidden somewhere in the house and may just use it.  

Another excellent post!! (Keep wearing the kevlar vest, though...)