The Way It All Began!

Ferrariman

• Administrators

Do you remember the forum jukebox? You could click on and listen to any song from the show while you browsed the site!  So totally cool!   Unfortunately copyright laws don't allow it anymore.  ;(

• Sad 1

• Administrators
13 hours ago, Ferrariman said:

Do you remember the forum jukebox? You could click on and listen to any song from the show while you browsed the site!  So totally cool!   Unfortunately copyright laws don't allow it anymore.  ;(

We could embed a Spotify playlist or something though. I think I used to have a page linked in the Community tabs at the top but it doesn't seem to be there anymore. 

• Like 3

On 8/8/2019 at 10:48 PM, James said:

We could embed a Spotify playlist or something though. I think I used to have a page linked in the Community tabs at the top but it doesn't seem to be there anymore. 

That's a great idea!

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/8/2019 at 10:48 PM, James said:

How would you embed a Spotify playlist? Do you copy and paste the link onto the post?

On 9/1/2019 at 9:42 PM, Scot from S.C. said:

I remember that website well. I think my handle was the same on it. Thanks for the cool reminder of yesteryear.

I agree just great!:hippie::glossy::cheers:

• Like 1

• Administrators
On 9/2/2019 at 4:54 AM, mjcmmv said:

How would you embed a Spotify playlist? Do you copy and paste the link onto the post?

Yeah, i can make a page and copy paste the embed code from their share function. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Even the shootings of today don't total what Miami was experiencing the the early 1980's.  I think there were over 700 murders in Miami in 1982.  Freakin' bodies literally EVERYWHERE.  It was all about the blizzard of cash that flooded Broward County.  I think immorality in Miami peaked w/ the River Cops.  https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/drugs/archive/copsgobad.html

Edited by S.FL84
  • Haha 1

• Administrators
On 8/8/2019 at 9:11 AM, Ferrariman said:

Check out what our site looked like back in the early 2000's

http://web.archive.org/web/20050208030204/http://www.miami-vice.org/

Just saw this thread. Funny I don't recall .org looking like that at all. . I only recall it saying....

"SERVICE UNAVAILABLE"

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, S.FL84 said:

Even the shootings of today don't total what Miami was experiencing the the early 1980's.  I think there were over 700 murders in Miami in 1982.  Freakin' bodies literally EVERYWHERE.  It was all about the blizzard of cash that flooded Broward County.  I think immorality in Miami peaked w/ the River Cops.  https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/drugs/archive/copsgobad.html

Miami in the 70s and early 80s must have been one of the most dangerous places in the world. 

27 minutes ago, RedDragon86 said:

Miami in the 70s and early 80s must have been one of the most dangerous places in the world. 

It all has to do with news coverage. Even if that number's accurate (the homicide total), Chicago cleared 800 in 2016, and hovers anywhere between 500 and the high 600s most years since 2012. But since it's nowhere near as glamorous we just get a crappy Dick Wolf show to cover it. Well...I guess technically three, but they're not very good even by his standards.

1 hour ago, Robbie C. said:

It all has to do with news coverage. Even if that number's accurate (the homicide total), Chicago cleared 800 in 2016, and hovers anywhere between 500 and the high 600s most years since 2012. But since it's nowhere near as glamorous we just get a crappy Dick Wolf show to cover it. Well...I guess technically three, but they're not very good even by his standards.

Yeah but the people of Miami were dealing with the ruthless Medellin Cartel day in day out. Animals that they were would open fire in the street during the day not giving a damn about the public. I would be terrified of the thought of living there during that time. Its sort of a small county as well, the population was in the early 80's was 1.7 million. Chicago for example was roughly 3 million in 1978-80s

Edited by RedDragon86