Why do we do it? Are we mad?

Detective_Crockett

Why do we dress like Sonny and try to recreate the show in our heads? I wonder what Don Johnson would think of us all. :)

Self bashing aside, for me it's to show off the decade I wasn't even born in, some hell of love. It's a cool style that should be done by everyone with the stones to pull it off. It's different and out there, there should be more folks like us around. Even not living in Miami, it's an epic shared around the world! 

Keep calm, and Vice on! 

• Like 7

To answer the threads question. 

Nope, only madly in love with the show. ;):)

The Crockett Pockett and DJ's reply. :D

Edited by summer84
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

There is no other show in history like it. The style of clothing is so cool, its actually timeless. 

More or less everybody in the summer time would love to be dressed in pastels.

Edited by RedDragon86
  • Like 4

Jimmy loves to make fun of the Vice Fans.

Some friends and I were on the receiving end of one of his practical jokes once. I thought it was funny, but the rest of the group didn't.

Ya just can't take yourself too seriously, I guess. :rauchen:

• Like 2

Dressing like a Vice cop is my birthright.

My family was and to an extent still is part of local underworld  My father was a smuggler and a presence in criminal underworld in Soviet times. My older brothers were well known mobsters in 90s. Some of my cousins on my fathers side of the family are mobsters even today.

I myself am not really a part of this world. I still however come into contact with people from it, because of my father and brothers/cousins. Most of my fathers friends are former big time criminals.  It is a difficult thing to come to terms with, that ones family and history are like mine is. But dressing like Crockett/Tubbs has helped me own up to it. If it is already a part of my life, why not just roll with it. 

• Like 3

I just think it is about what makes you feel cool.  Sometimes it takes a trigger to unlock your personal style.  We may not necessarily know fashion or how to set trends, but we know what we like and can emulate that.  I'm math and science minded and can't even draw a stick figure so fashion was at one time a foreign concept to me.  :)

• Like 3

• Administrators
15 hours ago, mjcmmv said:

Jimmy loves to make fun of the Vice Fans.

Some friends and I were on the receiving end of one of his practical jokes once. I thought it was funny, but the rest of the group didn't.

Ya just can't take yourself too seriously, I guess. :rauchen:

They should've known what they were getting themselves into, it's a comedians job to mock/poke fun at people. 

When you go to a comedy show they always ask some people in the audience some questions and then make jokes about them. Part of the act.

3 hours ago, James said:

They should've known what they were getting themselves into, it's a comedians job to mock/poke fun at people. 

When you go to a comedy show they always ask some people in the audience some questions and then make jokes about them. Part of the act.

Well, we weren't at the studio. We were in Miami and one of Jimmy's "characters" was having fun with us. There was a camera crew there and all, but it was supposed to be a news story, not the filming of the show. 

It doesn't matter. It was all in good fun.

And it was exciting to see ourselves on the TV.

• Like 2

Are we mad? Uh, do we feel like wolf kabob roth vantage gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube bear ramage jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google begep flagaggle vaggle veditch waggle bagga?

• Haha 2

personnally even if i don't wear like Crockett. i still wear stuff i used to wear in the 80s. in term of clothing the kid i was back then, wears exactly the same thing than the nowadays adult. sport clothes (i do sport on almost everyday basis), with flashy weird colors

• Like 1

I just do it because Crockett's style, which I have adopted, is the perfect balance between "I don't care" and "I care just enough". 

I've never found a style that fits my personality better.

• Like 7

Mad? No. It's a style. It looks cool. Mad would be wearing Captain James T. Kirk's uniform or an Obi-Wan Kenobi robe. :D Vice style, while not today's norm, is timeless and fashionable.

Not to mention... your typical "male" walking down the street today covered in tattoos with a ten-foot beard and a man bun... compare that to what we're doing. Who's the real mad one? ;)

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

I am looking forward to another escapist weekend in MV gear at the lake.  I already have my Scarab logo t-shirt packed for the boat and two "out on the town" selections.  I'm sticking with S1/2 since it is still technically summer.

Edited by IA-SteveB
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Let me put it to you this way, if it gives you joy, and your not an idiot with it and know the limits of it and dont exceed it, theirs nothing wrong with enjoying it, indulging in it and using it as a break from reality.

Edited by Kavinsky
Eh thought I went abit long winded again lol
  • Like 2

On 8/16/2019 at 6:21 PM, Buddy Love said:

We do it because we love it, reason enough. Women carry off this style all the time and no one notices much.

Let’s just enjoy ourselves.

I do notice...there is this really cute lady here in the office and she's always wearing classy stuff. Today she's wearing a super cool leopard print dress, that is sooooooooo VICE I just burn to a walk over in my Crockett outfit and take a selfie with her...if that wouldn't be all that inappropriate these days. 

• Like 1

Just now, daytona365 said:

I do notice...there is this really cute lady here in the office and she's always wearing classy stuff. Today she's wearing a super cool leopard print dress, that is sooooooooo VICE I just burn to a walk over in my Crockett outfit and take a selfie with her...if that wouldn't be all that inappropriate these days. 

Please post if you do :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/22/2019 at 4:15 PM, Ferrariman said:

The suit jacket over the T-shirt has never gone away.  :clap:

I agree it will always be such a cool look.:cheers:

• Like 1