Miami Vice Inspired Songs

Marc

I thought it might be a good idea to have all songs inspired or trying to make a quick buck off the show in one thread.

There's some interesting ones out there that you might not have heard or been posted before. It's a mixed bag.

To get us started you'd think this would be unique but there's at least four reggae ones. :rauchen:

I don't know who this guy is and if it was an attempt to get on the show. Maybe someone could tell me. :)

Old people playing golf to a easy listening version of Crockett's Theme. The artwork caught my eye.

https://www.discogs.com/James-Last-Ocean-Drive-Easy-Living/release/7520193

• Like 1

For your last entry:  Love the older guy with his Crockett-inspired wardrobe (sockless, white slacks).  A later segment with the same old guy driving a pink Cadillac convertible while "Country Roads" plays stuck me as funny also.

Here's another slightly younger and less successful European living the dream.

They're a bit mediocre but still an interesting watch and were actually released albums.

Edited by Marc
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Marc said:

R-7520193-1467249231-7701.jpeg.jpg.9b3828dcd057e82a13eec5cc991c39c6.jpg

It says in his bio he sold in excess of seventy million albums worldwide. Passed away aged 86 in 2015.

Wow!

I know the hippity-hop music isn't really popular on here but this contains "I'm launchin' rockets and SCUDs at Crockett and Tubbs".

Also "cuz I'm on a roll like toilet tissue" might be one of the worst rap lyrics I've ever heard. :rolleyes:

This was the unreleased original he just changed the title.

Edited by Marc
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Marc said:

Also "cuz I'm on a roll like toilet tissue" might be one of the worst rap lyrics I've ever heard. :rolleyes:

And right there’s the post of the week :) 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Marc said:

I thought it might be a good idea to have all songs inspired or trying to make a quick buck off the show in one thread.

There's some interesting ones out there that you might not have heard or been posted before. It's a mixed bag.

To get us started you'd think this would be unique but there's at least four reggae ones. :rauchen:

I don't know who this guy is and if it was an attempt to get on the show. Maybe someone could tell me. :)

Old people playing golf to a easy listening version of Crockett's Theme. The artwork caught my eye.

17 hours ago, Marc said:

17 hours ago, Marc said:

The "Old" guy playing golf spent over 50 yrs. of his life making music with his orchestra. Besides making people happy he also sold over 70 million albums world wide. You should hope to accomplish one tenth of what James Last has done with his life until he passed away at 86 in 2015! 

• Like 2

On 8/31/2019 at 1:47 AM, Tony D. said:

The "Old" guy playing golf spent over 50 yrs. of his life making music with his orchestra. Besides making people happy he also sold over 70 million albums world wide. You should hope to accomplish one tenth of what James Last has done with his life until he passed away at 86 in 2015! 

Great post Tony.:glossy:

• Thanks 1

On 8/30/2019 at 9:05 PM, Marc said:

It says in his bio he sold in excess of seventy million albums worldwide. Passed away aged 86 in 2015.

^ look at the time of my post.

On 8/31/2019 at 1:47 AM, Tony D. said:

^ look at the time of Tony's post.

8 hours ago, Matt5 said:

Great post Tony.:glossy:

I was going to ignore Tony's contribution to thread but since he's actually getting praised and likes. Let's just clear this up. 

Callin' the guy "old" was never a sign of disrespect on the artist. I was well aware of who James Last is since I found him and wealth of releases. I also recognise that's the comedian Otto Waalkes in the same clip. I fully acknowledged his achievements in my reply to vicegirl85, check out the times of the replies. In the original post I even chose to attach a link to the album so people could go see the photograph and maybe click on his name for themselves.

Tony enters the thread, gets offended, then mostly likely uses the Discogs link and quotes this bio information back at me like it's something new and without seeing this has already been mentioned. Not only that but quoting me three times makes the page looks ugly, can we edit this mess, and gave me three notifications. 

I'm not sure how this is a great post. 

• Like 1

I may have misinterpreted Tony, but I thought he was merely making a tribute to the artist. I took the “you” as “anyone who’s reading”, but I’m wrong a lot. :) 

11 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

I may have misinterpreted Tony, but I thought he was merely making a tribute to the artist. I took the “you” as “anyone who’s reading”, but I’m wrong a lot. :) 

I was left scratching my head. It's nearly a word for word copy of what I'd already typed showing we'd both been caught plagiarizing his bio. One's life being defined as successful by album sales or how many rounds of golf you get to play in retirement is another thing I take issue with but that's another discussion. 

Marc...……..I'm sorry if I misjudged your comment,  "Old people playing golf to a easy listening version of Crockett's Theme. The artwork caught my eye."  To me it did sound like a disrespectful remark! I apologize if I am wrong.

• Like 2

On 9/1/2019 at 8:44 PM, Marc said:

^ look at the time of my post.

^ look at the time of Tony's post.

I was going to ignore Tony's contribution to thread but since he's actually getting praised and likes. Let's just clear this up. 

Callin' the guy "old" was never a sign of disrespect on the artist. I was well aware of who James Last is since I found him and wealth of releases. I also recognise that's the comedian Otto Waalkes in the same clip. I fully acknowledged his achievements in my reply to vicegirl85, check out the times of the replies. In the original post I even chose to attach a link to the album so people could go see the photograph and maybe click on his name for themselves.

Tony enters the thread, gets offended, then mostly likely uses the Discogs link and quotes this bio information back at me like it's something new and without seeing this has already been mentioned. Not only that but quoting me three times makes the page looks ugly, can we edit this mess, and gave me three notifications. 

I'm not sure how this is a great post. 

When I first quoted your post I didn't realize everything was going to be displayed & I didn't know how to delete it all, so I just left it on & added my comment. On my last post to you, I found out how to quote  properly.

I'm always vouching for this guy whenever this subject gets brought up. MPMsoundtracks here gets both the Vice tone (even using some of those conga drums in some of his earlier songs) and the overall nostalgic 80's tone down perfectly. The guy's never released his work officially (unfortunately), but for now, for those who don't know of this beast already, enjoy:

• Like 1

• 1 year later...