Bea Arthur Has Passed.

Lar

She's what made the STAR WARS HOLIDAY SPECIAL somewhat tolerable.I remember her on the GOLDEN GIRLS. I have no idea what episode it was, but I remember someone asking Bea's character, "Are you upset at me?" She sarcastically replys, "No, I'm upset because Crockett and Tubbs are wearing darker colors."

She's what made the STAR WARS HOLIDAY SPECIAL somewhat tolerable.I remember her on the GOLDEN GIRLS. I have no idea what episode it was' date=' but I remember someone asking Bea's character, "Are you upset at me?" She sarcastically replys, "No, I'm upset because Crockett and Tubbs are wearing darker colors."[/quote']I seem to remember that too! I was not an avid watcher of the show, but my mother was. I remember hearing it while at the kitchen table and I started to laugh. I could not explain to my mother what was so funny.................

I seem to remember that too! I was not an avid watcher of the show' date=' but my mother was. I remember hearing it while at the kitchen table and I started to laugh. I could not explain to my mother what was so funny.................[/quote']That is EXACTLY the way it happened with me. My mother watched it, and I overheard it. Only difference is she knew I was big on MIAMI VICE, and she kind of understood it.

I watched GG a few times. There was one episode where one of the girls was dating a Crockett wannabee. The interior of his house was blue and pink. He dressed like Crockett, etc.

Funny Show. Could never figure out why they wore sweaters all the time in Miami. Funny thing about the Crockett wannabe, I remember him saying he was a Tubbs guy.

You know, I never caught much of the Golden Girls. I did used to watch Maude on TV Land, though to be completely honest, I never really liked it (but this was when TV Land played Retromercials, and thus, a reason to leave the channel on). Still, there can be no doubt Bea was incredibly talented and will be missed. She really was the best thing about the Star Wars Holiday Special (except for the Boba Fett cartoon, I guess).Fun fact: Fellow GG star Estelle Getty, who died a few months back, was actually younger than Bea in real life! She was heavily made-up to look way older!