Where to find relaxed lightweight pants ?

MichaelAce

I've been searching on Google Images, Google Shopping, Amazon and a few french websites since I live here and so, it costs more to import stuff from America for example

The closest thing I found was this:

100% cotton, straight fit (not relaxed..), multiple colors but costs around $50 with import

https://www.amazon.com/IZOD-American-Chino-Front-Straight/dp/B007U1ZV7E/ref=pd_sbs_641_5/140-9482048-0082335?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B07S161ZGR&pd_rd_r=45fdc43b-46b3-4935-87f4-c84cab28661e&pd_rd_w=hMuLt&pd_rd_wg=SWoon&pf_rd_p=d66372fe-68a6-48a3-90ec-41d7f64212be&pf_rd_r=Z2HC40DM1105R242HGJ2&refRID=Z2HC40DM1105R242HGJ2&th=1&psc=1

Do you guys know where I could find something better and larger with linen, cotton or even silk if it doesn't shine ?

Something that would look like this (on the right) in black:

Image associée

Image associée

I would suggest 100% linen or a linen-cotton blend for maximum Crockett look. Cotton is good too, but can be kind of thick and rigid. 

https://www.macys.com/shop/product/lauren-ralph-lauren-mens-classic-fit-solid-linen-dress-pants?ID=4460749&PseudoCat=my-wl-xx-xx.mylist_pdp

These are what I wear. They're not top-tier quality but good enough. I have fallen two waist sizes since last year at this time, so I've had to buy a lot of them. Only thing is, if you cut out the polyester lining that is on the lighter-colored ones, the hems seem to fray easily. Again, not the best quality but good enough and they fit the look very well. My favorite part about them is how consistent the fit is. They tend to fit me just right.

However, you're not in America as you've said, so you probably can't buy from Macy's. You can also check out Cubavera for linen dress pants.

• Like 2

On 9/9/2019 at 2:48 AM, pmconroy said:

I would suggest 100% linen or a linen-cotton blend for maximum Crockett look. Cotton is good too, but can be kind of thick and rigid. 

https://www.macys.com/shop/product/lauren-ralph-lauren-mens-classic-fit-solid-linen-dress-pants?ID=4460749&PseudoCat=my-wl-xx-xx.mylist_pdp

These are what I wear. They're not top-tier quality but good enough. I have fallen two waist sizes since last year at this time, so I've had to buy a lot of them. Only thing is, if you cut out the polyester lining that is on the lighter-colored ones, the hems seem to fray easily. Again, not the best quality but good enough and they fit the look very well. My favorite part about them is how consistent the fit is. They tend to fit me just right.

However, you're not in America as you've said, so you probably can't buy from Macy's. You can also check out Cubavera for linen dress pants.

I've checked Macy's one and I don't like the slim look

However, I like the Cubavera Single Pleat pants but even on Amazon, it's not available in France

https://www.cubavera.com/collections/c8sb0073ds/products/one-pleat-linen-pant-gray-c8sb0073ds-022

This one seems close to what I'm looking for

I'm trying to find something that's large from the thighs to the ankles, maybe with an expandable waist, and doesn't look too "shiny"

Also, it's not easy to find any size below 30Wx32L, I'm looking for a 28Wx32L or even 26Wx32L

Edited by AdrienSpy

On 9/9/2019 at 2:48 AM, pmconroy said:

There's always a solution for this kind of problem :)

6 hours ago, AdrienSpy said:

I've checked Macy's one and I don't like the slim look

However, I like the Cubavera Single Pleat pants but even on Amazon, it's not available in France

https://www.cubavera.com/collections/c8sb0073ds/products/one-pleat-linen-pant-gray-c8sb0073ds-022

This one seems close to what I'm looking for

I'm trying to find something that's large from the thighs to the ankles, maybe with an expandable waist, and doesn't look too "shiny"

Also, it's not easy to find any size below 30Wx32L, I'm looking for a 28Wx32L or even 26Wx32L

I can recommend the Cubavera pants, their loafers are worth a shot too! 

• Like 1

If you are going for a loose fit, here's one that has double pleats:

https://www.clothingconnectiononline.com/daniel-ellissa-men-s-wide-leg-pants-double-pleated?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIrYTM2MvJ5AIVFcNkCh24Mg1_EAQYCiABEgKApPD_BwE

It's available in white, khaki, "silver", tan, ivory, rust, black, brown, navy and kind of a darkish green.  However it looks like the smallest waist size is 30.  Right now they are on sale for $39.  I don't know how difficult/expensive it might be to have the waist taken in, but men's trousers are often made with a seam that can "easily" be opened up in the back to make minor waistline adjustments (so 28" might be quite possible to attain).  Dry cleaners (in the US) often offer alteration services and I've had things altered that were done for what I thought was a very reasonable cost.  These pants have "an ultrasoft microfiber finish" although they came up when I entered "men's loose-fit pleated linen pants".

Unfortunately if you do like them it looks like they only ship to the US and Canada.

20 minutes ago, vicegirl85 said:

Loose/Relaxed fit yeah but if I can't find anything there, I'll try with the straight fit

and this one seems a little too wide and has cuffed bottoms

55 minutes ago, vicegirl85 said:

although they came up when I entered "men's loose-fit pleated linen pants".

Flat front is also good to me but I can't find any one that looks like the pictures on my first post

I just found out on eBay that H&M had linen dress pants in regular fit that were made to match the jacket I bought on Vinted

but they just don't seem to exist anymore...

If anyone knows why it was removed or if I can find some anywhere, let me know

My favorite linen pants so far have been the Marc Anthony brand.  They fit very nicely but aren't as loose looking as what DJ is wearing.  Too bad you aren't in the states because they are on clearance for as low as 15 bucks.  I like them because of the drawstring since I go beltless when in MV mode.  When you have a big phone in your pocket the drawstring is a must.

Edited by IA-SteveB

5 minutes ago, IA-SteveB said:

My favorite linen pants so far have been the Marc Anthony brand.  They fit very nicely but aren't as loose looking as what DJ is wearing.

Indeed, only found slim ones

5 minutes ago, IA-SteveB said:

Too bad you aren't in the states because they are on clearance for as low as 15 bucks. 

Well, I guess I could pay someone to ship it via eBay, this is not the main problem

I just wish I could find something just like the pictures but in black

Loose/relaxed/straight fit black flat front dress pants with my size

or pleated if there's no choice

Edited by AdrienSpy

I can't find anything, even if it's not lightweight

It is very frustrating, I've been searching for several months now and there's still nothing

I didn't know I was looking for something so "special"

Anyway, here's a list of what I've found while searching (there's all between $22 and $35 without import costs):

1: https://www.amazon.com/Dickies-Relaxed-Cotton-Front-Black/dp/B0033HBFQK/ref=sr_1_201?keywords=28%2B32%2Bmens%2Bpants&qid=1568578049&s=gateway&sr=8-201&th=1&psc=1

100% Cotton Relaxed fit, Flat front

Why I would not buy: White fabric on the edges of the belt and the pockets

2: https://www.amazon.com/IZOD-American-Chino-Front-Straight/dp/B00D6C1U4O/ref=pd_sbs_641_5/140-9482048-0082335?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B07S161ZGR&pd_rd_r=45fdc43b-46b3-4935-87f4-c84cab28661e&pd_rd_w=hMuLt&pd_rd_wg=SWoon&pf_rd_p=d66372fe-68a6-48a3-90ec-41d7f64212be&pf_rd_r=Z2HC40DM1105R242HGJ2&refRID=Z2HC40DM1105R242HGJ2&th=1&psc=1

100% Cotton Chino, Straight fit

Why I would not buy: It's a Chino, not exactly a dress pant and the fabric might be different

3: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079D36SSJ/ref=sspa_dk_detail_2?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B079D36SSJ&pd_rd_w=Qd34S&pf_rd_p=45a72588-80f7-4414-9851-786f6c16d42b&pd_rd_wg=4GNOg&pf_rd_r=VHXGAT2806YEP4583QNZ&pd_rd_r=0b807b1c-11e9-4d35-bd43-14ff7c4792ad&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyMVQyMjFQVFNUVE1TJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMzU2MDU0M0sxUEtSVUU0VVJVOSZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwOTI2ODI5MlNZWkxHUldMQzFHQyZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2RldGFpbCZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

100% Polyester, Straight fit

Why I would not buy: It's Polyester, it's warm and the black one looks kinda brown

4: https://www.amazon.com/Wrangler-Riata-Pleated-Relaxed-Casual/dp/B001AED9QW/ref=sr_1_254?keywords=28%2B32%2Bmens%2Bpants&qid=1568578604&s=gateway&sr=8-254&th=1&psc=1

100% Cotton, Relaxed fit, Pleated

Why I would not buy: It's Pleated and looks a little slim

5: https://www.amazon.com/Wrangler-Riata-Front-Relaxed-Casual/dp/B008QWK432/ref=sr_1_139?keywords=28%2B32%2Bmens%2Bpants&qid=1568577119&s=gateway&sr=8-139&th=1&psc=1

100% Cotton, Relaxed fit

Why I would not buy: Looks too slim and "brown"

I'll probably buy the first or the second, I don't know yet because the color and the fit looks better on the second one but the fabric looks best on the first

What's the closest from the picture ?

On 9/12/2019 at 4:26 PM, AdrienSpy said:

Indeed, only found slim ones

They say slim but this is how they fit me.  I like the Marc Anthony brand a lot.

slim2.jpg

Edited by IA-SteveB

10 hours ago, IA-SteveB said:

They say slim but this is how they fit me.  I like the Marc Anthony brand a lot.

slim2.jpg

Very ballsy move of you to wear an all-white (except for the shirt) outfit like that. But it looks good on you because you know how to wear it! Have you considered taking photos in different poses instead of just in your kitchen? I have always liked pictures of me where I'm leaning or kind of slouching while wearing the look. It helps give off that "IDGAF" Crockett vibe.

34 minutes ago, pmconroy said:

Very ballsy move of you to wear an all-white (except for the shirt) outfit like that. But it looks good on you because you know how to wear it! Have you considered taking photos in different poses instead of just in your kitchen? I have always liked pictures of me where I'm leaning or kind of slouching while wearing the look. It helps give off that "IDGAF" Crockett vibe.

Maybe Steve GAF. :) 

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, pmconroy said:

Thanks.  Honestly, I just set my phone on a shelf in the kitchen to grab a selfie to post here.  I'm not much of a poser.  lol

• Haha 2

• 2 months later...

Okay I found what I was looking for

it's a brand called "Palm Beach" which makes the same kind of pants that's in the picture above with the arrow next to the button:

https://www.amazon.com/Palm-Beach-Expander-Pleat-Regular/dp/B01MZBU385/ref=sr_1_17?dchild=1&qid=1575650408&refinements=p_4%3APalm%2BBeach&s=apparel&sr=1-17&th=1&psc=1

81WeG%2BaPxkL._AC_SX569._SX._UX._SY._UY_.jpg

It looks amazing and they make it with different materials

Edited by AdrienSpy
  • Like 1

On 12/9/2019 at 3:40 PM, IA-SteveB said:

They don't look as free flowing as Sonny's do.  Might be worth a try since Amazon has a great return process.

Yeah, I know right, I can't find anything closer... They just don't make loose/relaxed pants anymore these days...

and since I'm in France, I have between $20 and $30 of import costs so I couldn't return it, it would cost me as much as the pants

Yikes.  Import costs are crazy. I hope they work out.

This reminds me of my luck on eBay. If I find a great used blazer that I really want it might be $10 and $28 shipping from the UK. :)

• 2 months later...
On 9/8/2019 at 7:36 PM, MichaelAce said:

Image associée

I'm searching for these kind of pants too, it's such a headache! ;(

In Russia people call them '' banana pants / бананы '' because of the wide shape and thin end. It's really very difficult to find them nowadays. The closest thing to this one one could get are the harem or parachute pants, NOT the M. C. Hammer kind of harem pants but baggy pants with a wide waist and an upside down triangle shape. You can find plenty of Asian styled harem pants on ebay (some of which are linen) but they are still far from being the exact pleated suit pants used by Crockett.

There is some kind of 1980s clothing revival here in Europe (at least here in Spain) but unfortunately the greatest pieces are made for women although there is some unisex stuff too. Here is some picture reference for these kind of pants:

695dfba9e4224e7000c4a566320ccf12.thumb.jpg.271df99f0a1681b8a5f54f06143dfba7.jpg1370602219bafe7030c2555db18c5617.thumb.jpg.9d2130a0443ce572bd7c214b10a932b4.jpg

Men-Baggy-Pants-For-Bodybuilding-Loose-Workout-Trouser-Cotton-High-Elastic-For-Fitness-Shark-Bodybuilder-Clothing.thumb.jpg.51e81f740810c4f6aee8f1189e64cfd5.jpg1078752119_1980sBugleBoyMensTotally80sBaggyPleatedBugleBoySlacksPants.thumb.jpg.9eef17b30fc0ac74f806750cde9df061.jpg

Some of these unique examples by Z. Cavaricci, Bugle Boy...pop up from time to time, but You have to be very lucky to catch one of these in a fitting size and affordable price.80s-Preppy-Fashion.jpg.13fca92b521a69ad655d5214a038429f.jpg

1e36ff119857843458b2ebd4b36dff36--s-mens-fashion-fashion-women.jpg.f7a07e4a0dfbadd55db3e5f37b5e2c28.jpg

Edited by Voodoo Vice Dealer

• 3 months later...

I am going to give these a try.  They look to be loose fit, which is what I am looking for. I like their loose fit blazers and have a few.

Taoliyuan Mens Linen Pants Casual Loose Fit Beach Drawstring Elastic Waist Capri Yoga Trousers with Pockets https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QRGZZ95/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_z-t8EbZ8QNNYX

Edited by IA-SteveB