(was) Sad (not anymore) News about Dadrian's Covers

Dadrian

"Well, I ran into a little snag..."

There has been a major halt on covers since I finished "Val". I had to have my Memorymoog synth serviced to be able to run extended periods of time without crapping out. It's nearly 40 years old! It was supposed to be finished by now, but the tech told me today it's gonna be 6-8 more weeks! I'm really bummed.

Virtually every cover on my list uses the Memorymoog (included the little song from "The Maze" I've been working on the past couple of months).

I will try hard to find a cover to do without the Memorymoog during this lapse.

Thanks to all of you who enjoy the covers for hanging in there with me. I promise to make it worth the wait!

Edited by Dadrian
Title
  • Like 7
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, jpaul1 said:

is there no chance to emulate that thing

Yes I have a synth that emulates it very well, but imagine if Definitely Miami had aired with DJ’s stunt double in every scene delivering every line. The Memorymoog is the Crockett of the MV score. 

My previous covers before I had the Memorymoog are like all those little scenes you didn’t even realize the stunt double was in until you looked closely at the Blu Ray. :) 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

The Memorymoog is the Crockett of the MV score. 

Well said, and Fairlight along with DX-7 are as much important synths in MV score like Tubbs in our beloved show.  :)

Edited by Crockettt
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dadrian said:

Yes I have a synth that emulates it very well, but imagine if Definitely Miami had aired with DJ’s stunt double in every scene delivering every line. The Memorymoog is the Crockett of the MV score. 

My previous covers before I had the Memorymoog are like all those little scenes you didn’t even realize the stunt double was in until you looked closely at the Blu Ray. :) 

yeah but your Memorymoog is gonna be repaired with nowadays parts right :) (now because of me Dadrian won't sleep tonight :))

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, jpaul1 said:

yeah but your Memorymoog is gonna be repaired with nowadays parts right :) (now because of me Dadrian won't sleep tonight :))

It’s just maintenance. Capacitors and chips are identical to the originals, so it will be like new but better. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Just to update this.  I received an e-mail from a concerned member (  Party_car1  ) who would like to donate money to help Dadrian with his equipment repairs. Anyone else who would care to  send money to Dadrian  can send it via paypal.   His e-mail is nofretz@hotmail.com

Thanks

• Like 1

• Ferrariman pinned this topic
2 hours ago, Ferrariman said:

Just to update this.  I received an e-mail from a concerned member (  Party_car1  ) who would like to donate money to help Dadrian with his equipment repairs. Anyone else who would care to  send money to Dadrian  can send it via paypal.   His e-mail is nofretz@hotmail.com

Thanks

Done!

• Administrators

Not quite as amazing as you my friend!  You just continue to blow us away with your work! :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

On 9/27/2019 at 3:58 PM, Ferrariman said:

Thanks

Update:

• 2 weeks later...

I was gonna say you could try the LGR guy for help with this but it looks like its been covered lol as the guy is majorly into old tech like this like crazy, hell you still could look him up and ask him if you need any more equipment, the guy has a habit of finding people who know where all this stuff is.

Edit: Actually as a matter of fact, skip to 2:41

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPWoTE9bUeM

Edited by Kavinsky
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Ah shoot dude, thread title got me scared for a second thinking your covers were taken down on Youtube or something for a second lol. I have your entire channel archived on my hard drive though.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Assasinge said:

Ah shoot dude, thread title got me scared for a second thinking your covers were taken down on Youtube or something for a second lol. I have your entire channel archived on my hard drive though.

Thanks for the concern and the support. I thought about editing the title, and I’m going to. 

• Like 1

Also, many thanks to all those who made contributions toward my synthesizer’s repair. I will forever be amazed by your kindness.