Part of Miami Vice Opening on My High School's Daily News Show

Scot from S.C.

I thought I would share some cool news. At the school where I teach, we have a daily in school news show. Well, I was talking to the teacher in the media arts/theater department who is in charge of the show, and I suggested she use our favorite show as part of the Friday Flashback segment. Evidently she listened because an abbreviated version was on the program schoolwide today! That means that 1,600 plus students as well as their teachers got to see it. I was beaming as it played in my class this morning. My students know that I am a huge fan since I have a poster on my classroom wall beside my desk. They were asking more about the show after the broadcast. It was a great Friday! I will include a link from my school's webpage to the broadcast. I am not sure how long it will be up (probably until Monday when a new broadcast is shown), so enjoy it for now. If you want to skip ahead, I believe it begins at the 4:19 or so mark. 

https://www.gwd50.org/site/default.aspx?PageType=3&DomainID=247&ModuleInstanceID=2420&ViewID=6446EE88-D30C-497E-9316-3F8874B3E108&RenderLoc=0&FlexDataID=1992&PageID=733

• Like 5

Thanks Dadrian! It was an exciting moment, especially since some of the students were asking really good questions and seemed genuinely interested.

• Like 2

Aye that's great yo! I did something similar about 2 years ago in a video production class of mine, we were asked to pick a scene from any tv show to analyze for its cinematography and whatnot else and I chose the pilot episode Ferrari scene with Phil Collins, lots of discussion was to be had and similar to you, students loved it and were also genuinely interested in this show. I don't know if any of them actually bothered watching it after that, but I did my part.

Cool stuff!

• Like 2

Thanks Mjcmmv and Titus! I hope that some of them check out the pilot. If they do, then I know we will have some new fans.

Thanks Assasinge! You definitely did your part showing the students and teaching them based on it. You never know, you might have made some new people fans of the show. I feel like if today's generation was exposed to the show, its influence, fashion, cars, music, and guest stars, there would be a huge increase in the fanbase. Maybe if an online streaming service offered the show, this would happen.

Edited by Scot from S.C.