35yrs since yesterday

S.FL84

It looks to me the interest in Miami Vice is still going strong after 35 freakin yrs.  While that normally would seem like a looooong time ago it was last year in alotta ways to me.  Music, movies, fashion and television peaked in 1984 & has never been as neither relevant nor as good since.

MV really touched a nerve in the American psyche like nothing before or since & that is truly amazing. It may sound weird but I feel a closeness with many posters here that I don't feel with people I speak to everyday simply because of our love of a very special time in history that unfortunately won't be repeated in our lifetime if ever.

Edited by S.FL84
  • Like 3

Although itd be impossible to prove I bet between 1984-86 there songs written, recorded and released with the hope they'd be used in a MV ep.. I also bet Mann was bribed alot by many record label execs to feature their artists.  To this day a song that was heard in a MV ep. is STILL remembered when 90+% of songs that charted higher at the same time have long since been forgotten.

Edited by S.FL84