Best guest star

Mrich209

I'll always have a soft spot for Uncle Ted. He hit the Charlie character pretty well. Then Willie Nelson. I happen to like Sheena Easton as Caitlin Davies, but I know (and don't care) I'm in the minority there. Brian Dennehy for good old Reverend Bill Bob Proverb also comes in high. And rounding it out is Fiona.

Note I'm going with a majority of non-actor guest stars. Phil 'the shill' gets an honorable mention.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Mrich209 said:

Hey Pals,

If you had to make a top 5 list of the best guest stars to appear in MV what would your list be ?

I LOVE this question! 

1. Bruce Willis

2. William Russ

3. Ed O'Neill

4. Bruce McGuill

5. Glen Frey

But this just scratches the surface! There are so many more! I'd like the top ten a lot more. Or even, the top 20!!!

• Like 3

I agree that all the guest stars mentioned so far did a good job but don't forget G. Gordon Liddy as Maynard.  Considering his background and personality, it was perfect "type-casting."

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, miamijimf said:

I agree that all the guest stars mentioned so far did a good job but don't forget G. Gordon Liddy as Maynard.  Considering his background and personality, it was perfect "type-casting."

Very true.

• Like 1

1. Phil Collins
2. Robin Johnson
3. Fiona
4. John Heard
5. Bruce McGill

After that....
6. William Russ
7. Frank Zappa
8. Gordon Liddy
9. Bruce Willis
10. John Turturro

Edited by RedDragon86
  • Like 2

I thought G. Gordon Liddy really nailed it with the character of Maynard.

Guy Boyd (Frank Hackman) was awesomely evil, but he kept me guessing until right up to the end in Forgive Us Our Debts

Frank Zappa (I'm sure he didn't create the line, but it's an alltime favorite MV line for me:  "Three million of my favorite dollars" and his delivery was priceless)

Melanie Griffith--there was just something extra-special about Christine Von Marburg's interaction with Sonny Crockett

Lynn Whitfield as Odette in Bought and Paid For was absolutely convincing as a frightened, poor Haitian domestic worker 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, vicegirl85 said:

Guy Boyd (Frank Hackman) was awesomely evil, but he kept me guessing until right up to the end in Forgive Us Our Debts

Frank Zappa (I'm sure he didn't create the line, but it's an alltime favorite MV line for me:  "Three million of my favorite dollars" and his delivery was priceless)

Melanie Griffith--there was just something extra-special about Christine Von Marburg's interaction with Sonny Crockett

Lynn Whitfield as Odette in Bought and Paid For was absolutely convincing as a frightened, poor Haitian domestic worker 

Great choices here! I wouldn't have thought of some of these, but they deserve to be considered! 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, vicegirl85 said:

Yeah great choices. I totally agree on what you said about Lynn Whitfield performance. Seeing her lifeless body getting removed from the house is always hard to watch, I choke up every-time, so sad.

Edited by RedDragon86
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, miamijimf said:

Great to see him on Vice but his performance was kinda wooden.

Miles was a very strange guy, especially in the 80s. He was just being himself in this episode. :) 

• Haha 1

Yes, Miles was just playing himself and honestly wasn't great in acting, but it wasn't the goal. He just brought his charisma to the show and I guess that was the goal for the production.

In an interview (released at the time of his "You're Under Arrest" album, 1985), the man himself said he really found Miami Vice music so inspiring. After all, doesn't the album title sound like a cop movie quote?

Btw, maybe my favorite guest star was Willie Nelson, great performance and great story too.

• Like 5