Miami Vice "Popinabox" vinyl figures

James

• Administrators

Popinabox have released their new Funko Pop style figures of Crockett and Tubbs! Different to the "Target" ones. In my opinion I like these better and might actually get them myself.

https://www.popinabox.us/merch-figures/miami-vice-james-sonny-crockett-pop-vinyl-figure/12219223.html

https://www.popinabox.us/merch-figures/miami-vice-ricardo-rico-tubbs-pop-vinyl-figure/12219224.html

71349029_378123606460731_5106695619383564203_n.jpg

• Like 3

• Administrators

I think these ones are actual Funko Pop, whereas the Target "Vynl" ones were sort of a copy brand and they have their own style. You can tell by the different styles between them. Normal Funko Pop's have the black button eyes.

15916_crocketttubbs_1539027692.jpg

71349029_378123606460731_5106695619383564203_n.jpg

• Like 1

Let's be real here.

That 2nd image, is some creepy ass stuff! What's with the lack of a pupil?... I'd go with the first one, however stylized it is haha

• Administrators
On 10/8/2019 at 4:29 AM, Assasinge said:

Let's be real here.

That 2nd image, is some creepy ass stuff! What's with the lack of a pupil?... I'd go with the first one, however stylized it is haha

That's how official Funko Pop is, button eyes. 

3b7cd62c7e784aa9abba9ecceaafc0ed.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
10 hours ago, Assasinge said:

I was making a joke lol. Although on the offhand I beat the 1 remaster a few days ago and have totally fallen for Jill  now XD

I used to play RE1 all the time on PS1. Used to scare the shit out of me as a kid but now it looks fake af. xD

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Met a couple of folks from Funko while at an event this weekend. I asked them about the figurines. After a couple of minutes I asked about Tubbs holding what appears to be a 90's cell phone.

They appeared to be puzzled as I wondered out loud if Tubbs ever used a hand held cell phone as depicted in his hand on the figure, on the show. I said it appears to be a MicroTac type which came out in the mid/late 1989, and that there were easily 2-3K at the time. They sort of seemed puzzled. I told them that I didn't know for sure, but did say that there is a good possibility you put a prop on Tubbs that he never used.

Edited by king77
  • Haha 2

I just really dislike Funko stuff in general. All their figs look like soulless interpretations. Maybe it's the style? I dunno. I mean I'm glad the characters are still being appreciated. It's just not my thing. Same with the Vnyl one's. There's just something off about them. They look more like characters badly cosplaying the characters from the show. 

Edited by zidders

• 2 years later...