PMT on other programs/films

Sonny-Burnett

Flipping channels today and came across a Wonder Woman marathon ( yes, Lynda Carter) and who do I see on the screen but none other than PMT along with Gary Burghoff (MASH)  and Michael Cole from the Mod Squad series. A 1978 episode entitled "The Man Who Wouldn't Tell".  Just 6 short years later until Vice. 

• Like 2

• Sonny-Burnett changed the title to PMT on other programs/films
  • 5 months later...

his stupid psychic/medium telefraud venture. not even worth digging up from youtube but you can find it. The man sunk after MV, he must have had a terrible agent. A real shame - he was a talented actor. It interests me how most actors in the show took a dive after MV - with the exception of DJ and the guest stars. 

I wonder if he got burned out from acting during the five years of doing MV.  I can imagine it being pretty exhausting.  If he saved/invested his money well he might not have needed to work.  From stuff I've read I think he enjoys performing music and theater much more.

I think there were likely a combination of things in play, and not just for PMT. Vice assured most of them would be typecast, and given the perception that the show was more about style than substance they might not have been considered for some parts they might actually have been suited for. Plus, it's not unusual for actors coming off one big show to just fade away in many cases. Unless, of course, they can make the jump to movies.

He should have continued working in movies and shows. It's bullsh!t how his career died. Apparently a lot of it was due to his arrogance and egotism during his Vice years what with his EGOT plan and so on. He was ostracized by Hollywood for that. Screw Hollywood. Weinstein' scum town.
DJ's career after Vice had it's ups and downs. He's been back up ever since Machete. EJO had a very prosperous post Vice career too. They did the best out of the main cast. 

6 minutes ago, RedDragon86 said:

EJO aside I think John Diehl went on to have the better career out of the main cast members

He did, but he also left early.

EJO is an anomaly in that he was a known commodity prior to Vice and also kept firm control over his character.

• Like 1

• Administrators

PMT should do  "Dancing With The Stars"  he claims he still fits in his cloths from his Vice days and we know he can dance!  Gotta be better than the psychic hotline!

2 hours ago, Ferrariman said:

Gotta be better than the psychic hotline!

Nothing's better than the psychic hotline. There's a gaping hole in my life since that hotline closed. Every day is just a morass of unpredictability without guidance :(

But my phone bill is much shorter. 

I don't care how much people laugh. This song is legit. I LOVE late 80's-early 90's R&B (New Jack Swing, as most call it). I had a really crap day at work many years ago, and during my break I went outside my job where there's a nice scenic view of the water and a bridge. I put this song on, and danced my heart out for the entire 6 minutes all by myself. It was freezing out, I worked up a sweat, and I did not care. When I went back to work I was able to finish my shift with a smile on my face.