STAR TREK Losses

Sonny-Burnett

For Star Trek fans, two losses in recent days. 

Writer DC Fontana who penned a number of Trek episodes including Charlie X 

https://www.startrek.com/news/dc-fontana-1939-2019

Of working with Walker Jr., Fontana told StarTrek.com in 2013, “I loved the work Robert Walker Jr. did... the ending I had written was retained - with Charlie being taken away where he could do no harm, but where he would never be with anyone he could ever really touch.”

And  actor Robert Walker Jr, the actor who played Charlie X also passed.

https://www.startrek.com/news/robert-walker-jr-1940-2019

• Administrators

Charlie, there are a million things in this universe you can have and there are a million things you can't have. It's no fun facing that, but that's the way things are. 

One of the best lines in the series. Life’s little truism.

RIP Charlie 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, timm525 said:

One of the best lines in the series. Life’s little truism.

RIP Charlie 

Definitely a great line in the episode...... and I also liked the interactions with Yeoman Rand. 

But the ending was unforgettable,  as DC Fontana intended. 

Edited by Sonny-Burnett

Another loss from the Star Trek Universe.  Actor Rene Auberjonois who was on Deep Space Nine portraying Odo as passed away.  As a fan of  every series I really enjoyed his character.  RIP. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Vicefan7777 said:

Another loss from the Star Trek Universe.  Actor Rene Auberjonois who was on Deep Space Nine portraying Odo as passed away.  As a fan of  every series I really enjoyed his character.  RIP. 

And he's an alum of ST TOS of sorts because he played Colonel West in Star Trek 6. 

Edited by Sonny-Burnett

Unfortunately I'll have to add to that list, the guy who played Rom From DS9 Also died like a month or so ago, and was actually a fan of a series I've been watching called the Depths of DS9, which while as politcally incorrect as hell is always a fun watch

and i was kinda hoping he'd get to do an interview with him

But Jesus DC Fontana, she was still doing work for trek just with videogames and things like that, as the writings gone terrible for that TV show discovery, so the last of the good old style writing was coming from her of all places in that medium instead

and Rene was even contributing to it with that star trek online thing as well, as while CBS as it is now has no interest in the prime universe, the fans were getting their fix that way instead.

kinda like how star wars had the expanded universe they disowned but kept on that way between when the OG movies ended and the prequels and all that crap happened.

although with rene I cant say I'm surprised as the last time I saw him he didnt look too good, and his last acting credits were in 2015, probably because of the health problems.

but damn looking at his credits you can not say he was a lazy man, Police Academy 5, star trek, which included 6, DS9 for a 175 episodes, Enterprise of all things for an episode

boston legal (which I always used to watch all the time) Fallout New Vegas, Bioshock, STO, I mean the guy did everything.

Hmm rest in peace Colonel West, May you clean the hell out of their chronometers in the after life lol

Edited by Kavinsky
  • Like 1

On 12/9/2019 at 7:46 AM, Vicefan7777 said:

René Auberjonois has appeared also in an episode of "Nash Bridges", playing Nash's Cousin from Ireland.

2019-12-10_14-08-11.thumb.jpg.f845e0be122aab577b031437d60b2580.jpg

Edited by daytona365
  • Like 1