DJ article

Glades

It´s in German. But fortunately there is google translate :D

There are quite a lot articles about DJ in Germany nowadays. I found this interview interesting and detailed. It is mainly about his acting career then and nowadays and therefore as well about MV, possible reboots etc.

https://www.faz.net/aktuell/gesellschaft/menschen/don-johnson-im-interview-ueber-vater-rollen-und-miami-vice-16565357.html?printPagedArticle=true#pageIndex_2

That´s the re-translated answer of DJ to the question if there will be Miami Vice reboot:

"There have been rumors about a return of "Miami Vice" since we shot the last episode in 1989. But I can indeed confirm that I have had some conversations about this lately. However, that doesn't mean anything yet. So far there is nothing concrete, and often such talks don't lead to anything."

But in principle, would you be willing to play Sonny Crockett again?

"We'll see, everything would depend on the direction in which such a reboot "Miami Vice" was a product of its time, inseparably linked to a very specific era and that very special spirit of the time. You would need a very clear, convincing concept to revive the series or to transfer it into our world today."

Doesn´t seem to be very propable...

Edited by Glades
  • Like 3

For me, a good sum of money is a very clear and convincing concept.

"Fastlane" wasnt soooo strict drug related subject like MV, but did a good job as a MV clone, even for a new era. Unhopefully it was very expensive to survive to more seasons.

The excuse of vice "was specific for the 80s" in my arrogant opinion is bs.

Im more worried about if today, with tv losing space to internet if it can be a hit.

But if i want to see a reboot? Yes!

11 hours ago, Mr. Calderon said:

Im more worried about if today, with tv losing space to internet if it can be a hit.

But if i want to see a reboot? Yes!

I haven't seen it, but the "Karate Kid" show on Youtube Red has done very well for itself. They planned on making a short one season show and move on, and now they're working on season 3!!!

11 hours ago, TylerDurden389 said:

I haven't seen it, but the "Karate Kid" show on Youtube Red has done very well for itself. They planned on making a short one season show and move on, and now they're working on season 3!!!

I hope ure right

• 2 months later...