Interior Pics From Car 4 Wanted

RentTheViceCar

I'm getting ready to redo the interior in my McBurnie and need some pics of the door interiors.  Actually all interior pics of this car would be welcome.

Mine right now are a basic vette door with some modding to it, but I want to do it more like the Vice season 2, car #4 hero car.  I have seen pics of car #1 or the stunt car/season 1 car and am not a big fan of the "pocket" or hole in the middle of the door.  

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.  Also a close-up of the black leather strip across the back of the seats.

Note, I'm going for the Miami Vice look not the Daytona replica look/dash.

Thanks for the help in advance.

• Like 1

I've seen the volo car extensively (which the interior was changed for speedzone).  Since my car is mounted on an 81 and I'm going for the season 2 look, would love to be able to recreate that door panel.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RentTheViceCar said:

I've seen the volo car extensively (which the interior was changed for speedzone).  Since my car is mounted on an 81 and I'm going for the season 2 look, would love to be able to recreate that door panel.  

Have you considered sending CamaraDaytona a private message here? Unless he turned the notifications off, he will get an email directing him to your question(s). 

https://miamiviceonline.com/index.php?/profile/56-cameradaytona/

@Sonny-Burnett Was the original woodgrain look on the center console replaced with black, or was that the other car? Or is that woodgrain that just looks black in the photo?

Edited by Dadrian

6 hours ago, Dadrian said:

@Sonny-Burnett Was the original woodgrain look on the center console replaced with black, or was that the other car? Or is that woodgrain that just looks black in the photo?

It was removed/replaced after the series ended. 

Edited by Sonny-Burnett

Two screen shots, the third picture is jurassicnarc's dash (large photo) with inset screen shot showing the wood grain, and the fourth shot is Car4

Junk%20love%202.jpg

vlcsnap-209706 tonneau closeup.jpg

DSC00649Comparetiny.jpg

1_MV-Interior_etc_027-reduced camera car dash.JPG

• Like 1

First shot is jurassicnarc's interior showing the full wood grain look that the Series cars used during filming. Second shot is a screen shot from Cool Running .

1_DSC00230AAA PPrice car.jpg

Cool Running (2).jpg

Edited by Sonny-Burnett
  • Like 1

As I said in my reply to "RentTheViceCar", "My car was given to Carl Roberts from Universal Studios in partial payment for his building a replica Testarossa to be used in addition to the 2 cars from Ferrari.  When Carl got the Daytona, he planned on using it to promote his building and selling of Daytona replicas.  Consequently, he did some upgrading on the car so that it again looked good.  I tell you this because I believe that he changed the door panels from those used when it was in Miami."  I sent him"RentTheViceCar" pretty much the same photos of the car from the series that Sonny-Burnett did as well as the photos of my door panels, etc.  And I believe that the car probably had the wood grain on the console when used in the series.  But, it had been removed when I got the car and I have not replaced it.  It may have been coming off or broken when Carl got the car.  The wood grain was an after-market piece that could be added to the C-3 cars.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, CameraDaytona said:

As I said in my reply to "RentTheViceCar", "My car was given to Carl Roberts from Universal Studios in partial payment for his building a replica Testarossa to be used in addition to the 2 cars from Ferrari.  When Carl got the Daytona, he planned on using it to promote his building and selling of Daytona replicas.  Consequently, he did some upgrading on the car so that it again looked good.  I tell you this because I believe that he changed the door panels from those used when it was in Miami."  I sent him"RentTheViceCar" pretty much the same photos of the car from the series that Sonny-Burnett did as well as the photos of my door panels, etc.  And I believe that the car probably had the wood grain on the console when used in the series.  But, it had been removed when I got the car and I have not replaced it.  It may have been coming off or broken when Carl got the car.  The wood grain was an after-market piece that could be added to the C-3 cars.

Thanks CameraDaytona. I was going from memory from previous exchanges with you and jurassicnarc on the console. I don't have many shots of your door panels as they existed during the series and I'm not sure whether the pocket door was on your car, Car1 or both.  Do you have any captures of your car's door panels during the series? 

Thank you SO MUCH.  As much as I want the car to be a complete replica of the TV show car I can't get into those door panels.  A little bit weird.  Going to go a little different on those.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CameraDaytona said:

That woodgrain is impossible to find.  Anyone that has a link please let me know.  The problem with the ones out right now is they cover the entire gauge, so there is no "individual" gauges like in the vice car.  So it can't be an overlay/decal it has to be the entire gauge panel part.  I can only find them in black so if anyone knows where to get woodgrain that would be greatly appreciated.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RentTheViceCar said:

That woodgrain is impossible to find.  Anyone that has a link please let me know.  The problem with the ones out right now is they cover the entire gauge, so there is no "individual" gauges like in the vice car.  So it can't be an overlay/decal it has to be the entire gauge panel part.  I can only find them in black so if anyone knows where to get woodgrain that would be greatly appreciated.

I'd PM jurassicnarc about the trim as I know he extensively sourced components during his restoration of his Daytona. 

• 3 months later...

Sit down with a drink of your choice and search eBay.  I bought mine their, but have no idea on the vendor.  Car 1 had corvette panels on the door that were slightly modified.  See picture below.  Car 4 had custom door panels, and I was told those molds no longer exist.  You would need someone who is creative and in the upholstery business to re-create them.

Whatever Works (6).jpg

Tale of the Goat (12).jpg

DSC00290.JPG

Edited by jurassic narc
added picture.
  • Like 2