NBC Streaming Service

mjcmmv

3 hours ago, Mr. Calderon said:

I thought it is hulu.

MV was taken off Hulu. I've been watching it on Starz for a couple of months, now but I guess NBC will take it back, like it's taking back The Office from Netflix. 

All my favorite old shows are shifting to different streaming services, and at $10 a month for each service, it's too expensive to subscribe to them all. At least I have the MV DVD's to fall back on. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mjcmmv said:

All my favorite old shows are shifting to different streaming services, and at $10 a month for each service, it's too expensive to subscribe to them all. At least I have the MV DVD's to fall back on. 

Have you tried watching MV on NBC's website, where it's free? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, summer84 said:

Have you tried watching MV on NBC's website, where it's free? 

Yes, I have, but I hate the commercials on NBC. Guess I'm a little spoiled! 

4 minutes ago, mjcmmv said:

Yes, I have, but I hate the commercials on NBC. Guess I'm a little spoiled! 

I checked out their site recently and you're right there are too many commercials/ads. It does ruin it! 

Edited by summer84
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, mjcmmv said:

MV was taken off Hulu. I've been watching it on Starz for a couple of months, now but I guess NBC will take it back, like it's taking back The Office from Netflix. 

We have Starz but for some reason they switched our account where we don't get the StarzEncore stuff, which of course Vice falls under.  Figures.  The same thing has happened to me with the original Magnum P.I.  I started watching it on Netflix and it was removed.  I've continued it on several different networks for it only to be removed again.  Somebody either doesn't want me to finish the series, or to invest in the dvds.

• Sad 1

I think in a lot of cases (especially if the network or network-affiliated studio owns a show like MV), the network sees an opportunity to make money from their own streaming services through use of commericals.  It's win-win for them, since there are no production costs or star salaries to pay up front.  The shows have an audience, as has been proven through their runs on Netflix, Hulu, etc.  And they can fix it so the viewer can't skip the commercials while watching a streamed show on NBC.com, CBS.com, etc.

I watched quite a few eps of MV on Hulu when it was there.  The commercials were annoying b/c they went on so long, but (if I recall correctly) there was a way to fast-forward through them.  Not so much on NBC.com.  

• Like 1

I've tried, if you reload the page you can skip the 4, 5 or 6 ads and it just shows one or sometimes goes directly to the episode, you only have to press play again. Of course no interruptions would have been the preferred, but I think it's better to watch now, even though it doesn't have "Evan" and "French Twist" on there, but I don't mind watching them on the DVD's instead.

Edited by summer84
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, summer84 said:

I've tried, if you reload the page you can skip the 4, 5 or 6 ads and it just shows one or sometimes goes directly to the episode, you only have to press play again. Of course no interruptions would have been the preferred, but I think it's better to watch now, even though it doesn't have "Evan" and "French Twist" on there, but I don't mind watching them on the DVD's instead.

Thanks for that info, summer.

It's a shame about Evan, but I try to be sensitive to the issues some people had with the plot and words used in the dialogue. At least I have it on my DVD's and I can watch it at home where it won't offend anyone. 

I didn't realize French Twist wasn't there, either. Wow.