VICE ended 30 years ago 1/25/90

MTVcops

• 2 weeks later...

A good article about MV from January 2020, what a pity it is hidden in the forum "News&Information"! I almost missed the article. Wouldn't another forum be more suitable?

Edited by Glades
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Glades said:

A good article about MV from January 2020, what a pity it is hidden in the forum "News&Information"! I almost missed the article. Wouldn't another forum be more suitable?

Such a great piece , Thankyou I may have missed it too.

• Like 1

Good article, thanks for posting.  Mainly good info except for the sentence "  Much of it was filmed Miami's South Beach neighborhood, then decrepit and practically deserted."  It was hardly that bad and I suspect the author never spent any time on SOBE before Vice.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Good line:

Perhaps more importantly, though, by 1989 Miami Vice had run out of time. Seinfeld, the show about nothing, had already begun to air. The Wonder Years was approaching its second season and Beverly Hills 90210 is set to appear the following fall. Nirvana was in the studio recording Bleach. The '90s was on the horizon, and little of the '80s world represented by Michael Mann was able to survive the onslaught of irony, indie film and flannel shirts that followed.

Miami Vice itself was already reflecting that social trend by the final season.

2 hours ago, Mr. Vigilante said:

"Seinfeld" started in '89???  I actually looked it up to be sure.  Dang, I feel old!!

For current college students, Seinfeld was already finished when they were born.    :eek:

8 hours ago, Mr. Vigilante said:

"Seinfeld" started in '89???  I actually looked it up to be sure.  Dang, I feel old!!

Didnt realise that.