Asking for Prayers

Vicefan7777

Dearest Vice family.  I am asking for your prayers as just a few hours ago I was notified by one of my brothers that my parents house caught fire in Michigan.  My stepdad did not survive and my Mom was being transported to a critical burn center 200 miles away from the house. That is all I know for now.  Thank you. 

• Sad 8

• Administrators

My condolences on the loss of your stepfather and I hope a speedy recovery for your mother. God bless.

• Like 1

:(

2 hours ago, vicegirl85 said:

I'm so sorry.  Praying for your mom and all of your family as you deal with everything. 

Second the emotion. ;(  Praying.

Edited by miamijimf
  • Like 1

Thank you from all the prayers. Just got an update from the on duty nurse.  My Mom is suffering from smoke inhalation and has a breathing tube inserted.  They gave her sleeping meds to keep her calm.  But it looks like she will be ok and be released in a couple of days.  I am so happy but sad at the loss of my stepdad. So my emotions are running crazy now.  

• Like 3

I'm so sorry for your loss of your stepdad. Glad to hear your mom will be ok. Sending you good vibes in this tough time.

Edited by summer84

11 hours ago, Vicefan7777 said:

Dearest Vice family.  I am asking for your prayers as just a few hours ago I was notified by one of my brothers that my parents house caught fire in Michigan.  My stepdad did not survive and my Mom was being transported to a critical burn center 200 miles away from the house. That is all I know for now.  Thank you. 

I’m very sorry to hear this - I send you my thoughts from Melbourne, Florida my  friend.

Edited by Matt5

• Administrators

As a former firefighter I'm sorry to say that I've been there way too many times.  Sorry for your loss. Just be there for your mom. God bless.

I'm happy to learn that your mom is improving and sounds like she will be OK.  Continuing to keep her and you as well in my prayers as you continue to deal with the tragic loss of your stepdad.

11 hours ago, Dadrian said:

Will you be able to go and see her??

Right now my youngest brother is with her and I will more than likely be flying back home in a few days.  She does have lots of support as her two brothers also live there.  

Sending my sincere condolences and sympathy from Switzerland on the loss of your stepfather. I hope your mother is going to recover soon from her physical injuries and find the strength and courage to cope with her tragic loss.

I have a new update which is hard to write.  This should be a warning.  I found out how the fire started.  My stepdad was a smoker all his life.  A few years ago he was prescribed oxygen tanks for obvious breathing problems.  He continued to smoke. I am sure we all have heard the warnings about compressed oxygen and flames.  My Mom and him were in the living room and at approximately 11am he lit a cigarette and one or more tanks exploded and there was an immediate wall of flames.  A neighbor dialed 911 and the first persons on the scene was a police officer and an off duty fire fighter, both tried to rescue my parents but could not get past the flames.  The police officer suffered minor burns.  When the fire department arrived four minutes after the 911 call they were able to pull my parent out.  My stepdad died in the front yard and my mother was transported to the local hospital then sent to the burn center.  According to the nurse I talked to even thou there was no external burns her lungs are in worst shape then initially suspected.  She will be in ICU for at least 2 weeks.  But all least she is alive.  

what about the insurance. was your mom house insured. i tell you coz when she was alive my mom didn't insure his house. i had to drive her mad to make her take an insurance. which she was happy to find, when her kitchen sink took fire :rolleyes: