Like a Hurricane for Valentine's Day?

Bren10

Once again, Miami Vice doesn't really have any holiday-themed episodes so I'm asking for suggestions for Valentine's Day. Like a Hurricane seems to fit for me. There's a whirlwind romance, a wedding, and a happy ending. I don't really care if doesn't make sense, that's not the point. Most of the other romantic episodes don't end well for those involved. I guess Made For Each Other is a bromance of sorts. Please weigh in.

• Like 6

Yours is probably the best choice. I can think of a lot of romantic scenes, but not so much romantic episodes. Although I'd say "Nobody Lives Forever," sort of not an unhappy ending, as I recall it was a mutual/consent breakup. Not personally a fan of Brenda and that romance, that was more a heartbreak episode because of Sonny and Gina. Also came to think of "The Afternoon Plane" there are some romantic scenes with Tubbs and Alicia. If I had to pick myself, I would just skip to all the romantic scenes of Sonny and Gina. :)

Edited by summer84
  • Like 3

Good choice, I can't think of others at this point, as least ones that end with a bit more of a happier note.

Maybe "By Hooker, By Crook" in terms of the romance?

Edited by Retro80sfan
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Retro80sfan said:

Good choice, I can't think of others at this point, as least ones that end with a bit more of a happier note.

Well any romance that includes Captain Lou, Afa the Wild Samoan, AND commander Sulu gets my vote! Oh myyy.

Edited by Bren10
  • Haha 4

17 hours ago, Dadrian said:

Maybe if Loraine Bracco could’ve stayed on. :p :fireworks::happy:

I had to look her up, as I didn't know who it was.

Came across these articles: "The actor’s life is a roller-coaster ride, as Lorraine Bracco is learning. Production on NBC’s “Miami Vice” was shut down Monday night when Bracco--who’d been hired to star in a multi-show episode about Sonny Crockett’s marriage--caught the flu. A spokesman for Universal Studios said Bracco arrived in Miami from her home in New York to prepare for the role opposite Don Johnson, but shooting was delayed first by rain and stalled further when several crew members, including Bracco, developed flu symptoms. “They’re now in a position where they have to reschedule and shoot around Lorraine,” Robert Crutchfield, publicist for the series, said Tuesday. “And the more they do (that), the more behind they get. If worse came to worst, we’d have to recast the part.”

MIAMI VICE' ACTRESS QUITS AS BRIDE-TO-BE

LOS ANGELES -- "Actress Lorraine Bracco, whose illness forced shutdown of production on the NBC series Miami Vice, has given up her role as the fiancee of the show's star, Don Johnson, a spokesman said on Tuesday.

Edited by summer84

I think the general consensus here was that while Bracco is in fact a better actress, Easton was a better fit for Caitlyn and the show itself. Bracco's Caitlyn would apparently have been an actress that needed protecting and not a pop star, which I don't think would've gone over as well with the MV aesthetic or audience.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Retro80sfan said:

This is what I was thinking. As I’ve said in other topics, the way DJ and MG look at each other is very romantic and special compared to other love interests for Crockett (to me). Even with the bitter ending, the level greatness with the acting, dialogue, and music in the last scene is very rewarding for me—perhaps more than most MV episodes altogether!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dadrian said:

This is what I was thinking. As I’ve said in other topics, the way DJ and MG look at each other is very romantic and special compared to other love interests for Crockett (to me). Even with the bitter ending, the level greatness with the acting, dialogue, and music in the last scene is very rewarding for me—perhaps more than most MV episodes altogether!

I agree that there was real chemistry between the two of them.  However, the Sonny-Christine relationship was based on nothing but lies, so I don't know about a Valentine's Day viewing, LOL.

And then there's my personal favorite, When Irish Eyes are Crying, that gave me the hope of Sonny and Gina getting back together (a hope that wasn't realized!).  I do think it has romantic moments, but Hurricane has it all and the happy ending too.  Hurricane gets my vote as the most romantic (even if I feel that relationship was rushed and not what I wanted for Crockett)... 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, vicegirl85 said:

However, the Sonny-Christine relationship was based on nothing but lies, so I don't know about a Valentine's Day viewing, LOL.

Oops, yeah lies are definitely not romantic. :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RedDragon86 said:

You mean someone who can act and isn't annoying as hell? :D

“Jesus RedDragon what’s this thread done to ya!!??” (Caitlin voice) :p

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, vicegirl85 said:

I agree that there was real chemistry between the two of them.  However, the Sonny-Christine relationship was based on nothing but lies, so I don't know about a Valentine's Day viewing, LOL.

And then there's my personal favorite, When Irish Eyes are Crying, that gave me the hope of Sonny and Gina getting back together (a hope that wasn't realized!).  I do think it has romantic moments, but Hurricane has it all and the happy ending too.  Hurricane gets my vote as the most romantic (even if I feel that relationship was rushed and not what I wanted for Crockett)... 

Sonny and Gina <3 <3

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, RedDragon86 said:

You mean someone who can act and isn't annoying as hell? :D

That disqualifies Melanie Griffith...

Edited by Robbie C.
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1