The Very first scene in Miami?

Smuggler's Blues

I'm in Miami and thanks to the replies to my last post I have some places to visit to see some Miami Vice locations, one of which is the location of the very last scene.

It struck me that it would be cool to 'bookend' this with the location of the very first scene, so I Googled it, and it's Tubbs in New York! So that's not going to work.

So my question, since I didn't pack my MV DVD collection, is where was the very first scene taking place in Miami in the first (pilot) episode, and where is it in real life? Anyone know?

• Administrators

Pretty sure it was Sonny standing on the front steps of the Carlyle hotel in South Beach.  That should be an easy one to find.

• Like 2

Damn...if i would be in miami...that street corner would be the first place i would go from the airport. The Carlyle!

Edited by Mr. Calderon

@Smuggler's Blues

Yes, the Carlyle at Ocean Drive & 13th St (looking north to see where "Gumby" was annoying Crockett).

My two favorite, most meaningful Ocean Drive locations are:

1.  the Carlyle - first Miami scene of the series
  2.  Ocean & 14th - the opening scene of "No Exit" (the Winterhaven etc) - first time the whole gang works together
Edited by airtommy
  • Like 6

Awesome! Thank you!

I'm still trying to work out exactly where the boat marina is and where the final scene was. Looking on Google Mas I just don't seem to be able to place either...

13 minutes ago, Smuggler's Blues said:

Awesome! Thank you!

I'm still trying to work out exactly where the boat marina is and where the final scene was. Looking on Google Mas I just don't seem to be able to place either...

I haven't been there in over a decade, so it might've changed...but the finale was filmed just east of the bayfront amphitheater.  Just walk towards the water and you should find it.

1 hour ago, Smuggler's Blues said:

Awesome! Thank you!

https://www.bing.com/maps?osid=1c625572-7d56-47a3-b9a6-77489954fd6b&cp=25.777965~-80.185133&lvl=18&v=2&sV=2&form=S00027

https://www.bing.com/maps?osid=aef5376a-3985-45c3-a0a7-d928548ee17b&cp=25.778116~-80.186088&lvl=17&v=2&sV=2&form=S00027

Do those links work for you?

Edited by airtommy
  • Like 2

On 2/16/2020 at 1:08 AM, Mr. Vigilante said:

I haven't been there in over a decade, so it might've changed...but the finale was filmed just east of the bayfront amphitheater.  Just walk towards the water and you should find it.

You can still stand in that spot too from the Series finale.:glossy:

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Matt5 said:

you can still stand in that spot too from the Series finale.:glossy:

yeah, it's just that there is a boat tour booth which somewhat obstructs the experience, as it stands right where the Testarossa was parked.

update: you could even top off your tribute photos wearing this almost perfectly matching vintage KU Jayhawks T-shirt:

il_1588xN.2008115563_ki3j.jpg

Edited by daytona365
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, daytona365 said:

yeah, it's just that there is a boat tour booth which somewhat obstructs the experience, as it stands right where the Testarossa was parked.

update: you could even top off your tribute photos with this almost perfectly matching vintage KU Jayhawks T-shirt:

il_1588xN.2008115563_ki3j.jpg

Just great.

• 2 weeks later...

5000 street corners in greater Miami and Gumby here has gotta pick ours.

Just visited Miami two weeks ago and stayed at the Leslie next to the Carlyle.

Screenshot 12020-02-07 at 5.29.50 PM.png

• Like 4

On 2/15/2020 at 7:54 PM, Smuggler's Blues said:

Awesome! Thank you!

Just there two weeks ago , At Crocketts slip with the Freedom tower in the distance where the hit man shot at Crockett and fatally hitting Lt. Rodriguez

Screenshot 2020-02-29 at 1.54.13 PM - Edited.png

• Like 1