Miami Vice available online in good quality

S0NNY

I have just bought an account to directv.com and noticed Miami Vice all episodes are available online on demand, and in good quality .  Does anyone have an idea what resolution it might be?  Can it be full hd?   Looks rescanned and very crisp clear

Screenshot (230).png

Edited by S0NNY
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, S0NNY said:

I have just bought an account to directv.com and noticed Miami Vice all episodes are available online on demand, and in good quality .  Does anyone have an idea what resolution it might be?  Can it be full hd?   Looks rescanned and very crisp clear

Screenshot (230).png

Looks like HD:cheers:

I noticed, they don't have "Evan" on the list, which NBC.com doesn't have either, but unlike NBC they do have "French Twist." 

It's a bit hard to tell from the screenshot, but it does look like good quality. But wouldn't it specify, if it was HD?

Edit: Although according to the website "JustWatch" it says HD next to Directtv. 

Edited by summer84

6 hours ago, summer84 said:

I noticed, they don't have "Evan" on the list, which NBC.com doesn't have either, but unlike NBC they do have "French Twist." 

It's a bit hard to tell from the screenshot, but it does look like good quality. But wouldn't it specify, if it was HD?

Edit: Although according to the website "JustWatch" it says HD next to Directtv. 

My guess is much like the NBC streamed and DVD/Blu-ray releases they sourced the masters without doing any cleanup. It's only 'HD' because the original series was shot in film format then cropped for TV. As far as missing episodes dimes to donuts it's because the service didn't want to pay royalties on the music. Since each episode incorporated the music into the story it's not like you can just go out and find a suitable replacement. 

• 1 year later...
On 2/18/2020 at 11:31 AM, S0NNY said:

Screenshot (230).png

Florence Italy?! I guess from the background.

2 hours ago, Mr. Calderon said:

I keep thinking why theres a miami vice channel on youtube? What Universal would be thinking?

There is but it's only available for US users and you need to sign up for you tube television subscription. I've got the whole 5 seasons ripped from my dvd collection anyway :p.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, sdiegolo78 said:

There is but it's only available for US users and you need to sign up for you tube television subscription. I've got the whole 5 seasons ripped from my dvd collection anyway :p.

same here. i made myself a small server which is located 30 cm from my right hand. i can access my MV blu-rays in seconds

• Like 1