Howdy.

zidders

I hope life is being kind to everyone. My name's Zid and I'm from Rhode Island but have been living in Texas since 2011. I'll be 46 in August and Miami Vice was a pretty big part of my youth. I was raised by my adoptive aunt but would spend the weekends with my mom and older sister. When Miami Vice first aired I'd just turned ten and she'd turned 13 and she was all about bands like Duran Duran & guys like Don Johnson & Philip Michael Thomas. I was into a lot of the same bands & guys but at the time I was too young to understand just why. All I knew was I wanted to grow up to be like Sonny & Rico. Both were brave, adventurous & wanted to help keep the bad guys from doing bad stuff.

She and I would play Vice cops with her as my older partner. Now that I've re-watched most of the series i'm realizing just how much the show had an impact on me. I'm still into fashion & music & love cars (especially Daytona Spyder's & white Ferarri Testarossa's). I've been on disability since 2007 so I spend most of my time taking care of my health, writing poetry, attempting to draw & doing my best to be there for my friends & anyone that needs kindness & encouragement. I'm also part of the furry & brony communities & have made so many amazing friends because of both. I'm glad this forum exists as I love Miami Vice so much.  

• Like 2

• Administrators

Howdy Zid!     "Welcome back to the 80's!"  Your story sounds similar to many others who's life was impacted by "Miami Vice".  For many of us (myself included) Vice brings us back to a good time in our lives or in some cases it filled a void in our lives. Either way it has brought a lot of good people together and our community continues to grow everyday. Glad to have you onboard!  If you need anything, just give a shout out and guaranteed someone here can help!

• Like 1

On 2/25/2020 at 6:16 AM, Ferrariman said:

Howdy Zid!     "Welcome back to the 80's!"  Your story sounds similar to many others who's life was impacted by "Miami Vice".  For many of us (myself included) Vice brings us back to a good time in our lives or in some cases it filled a void in our lives. Either way it has brought a lot of good people together and our community continues to grow everyday. Glad to have you onboard!  If you need anything, just give a shout out and guaranteed someone here can help!

Thank you for the welcome. This forum is super friendly & all you folks have been awesome so far. ^_^

On 2/25/2020 at 6:33 AM, jpaul1 said:

what is a furry - brony community

Furries are a community of folks who are fans of anthropomorphic characters. Cartoons like Bugs Bunny, Mrs. Brisby from The Secret Of NIMH, etc. It's an offshoot of the sci-fi fandom & has been around since the 80's. We create art, have our own conventions and even raise millions of dollars for animal charities. Bronies are fans of the show My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic. Like Miami Vice MLP:FIM was known for having deeper & more meaningful stories & characters than most other series of its kind. It was meant to appeal to a wide variety of fans of all ages. Despite the show having ended after 9 seasons there are still millions of fans who still love it & carry on its message of kindness & friendship. 

Both fandoms have helped me meet a lot of wonderful people & have helped me become a much more kinder & compassionate person. :)

On 2/25/2020 at 6:47 AM, Dadrian said:

You’re in the right place @zidders!

I lived in Texarkana for 25 years. What part of Texas are you in? 

Just south of Austin in the Georgetown area. It's pretty quiet down here save for when the trains go by. The tracks are right outside my house lol. Due to medical issues I can't really get out and about so I haven't seen all that much of Texas unfortunately. 

On 2/25/2020 at 7:05 AM, Kladdagh said:

Hello and Welcome @zidders ...

Glad you could reach us ... Enjoy your stay and see you on the pages on this GREAT forum :)

Thank you!

On 2/25/2020 at 8:06 AM, Matt5 said:

Welcome to a great site about a great show.:cheers:

:D Elvis! <3 

On 2/25/2020 at 12:30 PM, Vicefan7777 said:

And let me also welcome the newest member! 

Thank you! 

• Like 1