Website Offline Today

timm525

• Administrators

Folks, today I was notified some of you had “suspended” accounts. When I logged on so was mine. I just got home from work to look into this and I found our hosting company decided to close without notice. They did however migrate us over to another one that they owned so when I went to that site, it was down for repairs.

Seems to be working now. Hopefully that was just a one off and not a sign of problems for the future.

Thank you.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6

I was worried when I got the message. I even tried logging in from a different computer. I am glad to see that things are back up and running. Is there another way for us to communicate as a whole if the website does go down in the future? Thanks for fixing it Timm525.

• Like 3

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Scot from S.C. said:

Is there another way for us to communicate as a whole if the website does go down in the future? 

I was also suspended as of late last night. I received a few e-mails from members who were also suspended.  This told me right away that I didn't piss Tim off and that there had to be some type of glitch in the system. 

All kidding aside, if the site ever goes down for any reason, don't panic. Just stay calm and know that we're working on it.  If you feel the need to panic then I would suggest that you add my e-mail to your address book.  E-mail me and I'll tell you what I know.

mvferrariman@gmail.com

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Glad to see everything's back to normal, that the sudden clouds have cleared and the sun continues to shine on this site!

Like you guys, I was also very worried there for a sec!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Did a thin man with a slight accent and pencil moustache convince you to invested in his 'unique perpetual onlinality services'? Because if so "You can have brilliant ideas, but if you can't get them across (the internet), your ideas won't get you anywhere." -Lee Iacocca. 

• Haha 3

• Administrators
13 hours ago, Scot from S.C. said:

I was worried when I got the message. I even tried logging in from a different computer. I am glad to see that things are back up and running. Is there another way for us to communicate as a whole if the website does go down in the future? Thanks for fixing it Timm525.

This thought occurred to me yesterday when it was down. I’m going to see if there is some way to mass email the members if this ever happens. If that is not available, then I suggest doing what Ferrariman stated, add him to your email contacts and he will be our liaison with you. 

Thank you all for your patients and I’m glad to hear no one committed suicide although it appeared we had some withdrawal symptoms.  All is right with the universe now.  :)

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

When I tried to connect, there was a message that "this account has been suspended."  However, I took that to mean the site's account (not sure if that's what the message meant or not, though).  It said something like, "If you believe you have reached this message in error, email here" and if I hovered over that, it showed the email address webmaster@miamiviceonline.com

(not an active link) I started to send an email to that address, but decided that with at least a hundred or so active members, someone else had probably already reached out in that way.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Ferrariman said:

I was also suspended as of late last night. I received a few e-mails from members who were also suspended.  This told me right away that I didn't piss Tim off and that there had to be some type of glitch in the system. 

For one terrible moment I thought I was suspended and wracked my brains to remember if I'd posted a no-no or some copyrighted material. :)  Talk about a guilty conscience. Thanks, Timm and Ferrariman. It's good to have everyone back!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, mjcmmv said:

For one terrible moment I thought I was suspended and wracked my brains to remember if I'd posted a no-no or some copyrighted material. :)

Same here!! :) 

• Haha 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, jpaul1 said:

personnally i though timm got bored of paying :). and he has perfectly the right to be so

You figured out my new strategy. Turn off the web site every now and then to increase donations. :)

• Haha 5