Miami Vice season 1-5 Spotify playlists (WIP)

zidders

A few weeks ago I found this forums complete list of music used in the series. Yesterday I decided to make a Spotify playlist for each season. Not sure how long it will take me to make all five but I figured I'd share it here for those who might be interested. Surprisingly there are only six songs missing. https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2NRWXhWAx4fipInjMKl5E6?si=7nJiyDCYS_yHo94N_yvkIA

The songs missing are 'Today's A Beginning' by Brian Ray, 'You Want More' by Etta James, Baja 'Original Mix' by Mascara, 'Change Your Ways' by Rockwell, 'Livin' the Book of My Life' by Philip Michael Thomas  and 'You Only Left Your Picture' by Fashion. All good tunes but the only one I'm really sad to see not there is PMT's tune. It's pretty good. It might take me awhile to get to the rest but I love making playlists and am obsessed with the music from this series. I'm sure I'll get around to them sooner rather than later. 

Oh-a huge thank you to all you folks who worked on sourcing all that music. 

Edited by zidders
  • Like 4

Replying here to post the second season playlist. This time around there were a few more songs unavailable. 13 to be exact. Also another one of the tracks from the first list went grey. I suspect a lot of the more obscure music on Spotify that have licensing issues sit there in 'available' state until someone like me comes along and reminds Spotify they're there. Oh, well. Anyways here's season 2 https://open.spotify.com/playlist/36hm4t1BKAaeVB1PWIs2ar?si=qqnRS_XsQQWYF7wZirHMrg

I haven't had a chance to put together the rest of the seasons. What i've been doing is going through and organizing songs in order according to the order the episodes they appeared in were meant to be aired before NBC moved them around. Needless to say it's a bit of work to organize everything but I'm OCD that way lol. 

Edited by zidders

Here's season 3. https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3tOm9YK0a0USIjCCAKSgjO?si=SRwwaGnQTpSth6GbjW1xAg Sadly there are a lot more missing tracks. It seems the producers doubled-down on the use of obscure music. So many great Latin tracks along with more than a few New Wave songs are missing due to their being unavailable. 

Edited by zidders

• 8 months later...

Hi, so are you Christopher? Thanks for making that playlist. However, I found that the order of the songs is not how it appeared in the series. Could you rearrange them so they appear in the order they did in the series? 

For example, this playlist is in order https://open.spotify.com/playlist/4AP7mmG38KI5woNexHGAkd?si=wCrkgPAWSo2NG6FMk5OjMQ

• 1 year later...

Most notable songs from Season 4 for me and S5 EP1,2

Missing from spotify:    The Ward Brothers - The Madness Of It All and I also miss : Naked Prey - The story never ends , Tim Truman - Everything inside of me

• Like 1

• Administrators

I have all of those missing songs if you want them, plus an instrumental version of “The Madness of it All”

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ferrariman said:

I have all of those missing songs if you want them, plus an instrumental version of “The Madness of it All”

Fortunately I can listen those on Youtube but, the instrumental version of "Madness of it All" would be cool to have. Could you send me that in pm ? Thanks in advance :)

• Administrators

I can send it by e-mail. Not home right now but pm me your e-mail and I’ll do it when I get home.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
On 11/29/2020 at 3:44 PM, Lit Up said:

Hi, so are you Christopher? Thanks for making that playlist. However, I found that the order of the songs is not how it appeared in the series. Could you rearrange them so they appear in the order they did in the series? 

For example, this playlist is in order https://open.spotify.com/playlist/4AP7mmG38KI5woNexHGAkd?si=wCrkgPAWSo2NG6FMk5OjMQ

Apologies for taking so long to respond. Needless to say the last few years have been a bit chaotic. I've done a bit of research and I'll be tweaking this a bit more as I've been organizing it song by song while watching each episode. This is still a WIP. 

Kind of a bummer as my original playlist had over 600 followers. Oh, well. I had been planning playlists for seasons 4 & 5 but ended up getting really sick and after I recovered I was too busy with other things. I might make another go of it. I really would like to try and get the songs in order of appearance so if anyone knows anyplace they're listed like that I'd very much appreciate it. 

Edited by zidders
  • Like 1