Ferrari rental, how very Miami

Smuggler's Blues

Can anyone remember which episode Sonny Crockett said that in? They were staking out a hotel and the guy they were staking out had a rented Ferrari. 

23 minutes ago, Smuggler's Blues said:

Can anyone remember which episode Sonny Crockett said that in? They were staking out a hotel and the guy they were staking out had a rented Ferrari. 

It was the music crooks in “Rock and a Hard Place”. They were talking about Crockett when he got into a black Ferrari 308. 

• Like 2

• Administrators

Yes, it was  "Rock and a Hard Place"  Fremont & Wiggins saw Sonny rent a Ferrari and the quote was:

"Rent a Ferrari, how very L.A."

• Like 1

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Dadrian said:

Ironically, it was all filmed in Miami. :) 

Well, lucky for the writers  L.A. has palm trees too! ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ah, dammit, you are of course quite right! That's not going to work then. I'm making a video of Vice locations in 2020 (filmed it last month) and rented a white Ferrari whilst I was there (as you do!). I was really hoping to have Crockett saying 'Ferrari rental, how very Miami' over it, which is how I erroneously remembered it. 

You can see a bit of the footage (the Ferrari in Miami) in this video. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Smuggler's Blues said:

Ah, dammit, you are of course quite right! That's not going to work then. I'm making a video of Vice locations in 2020 (filmed it last month) and rented a white Ferrari whilst I was there (as you do!). I was really hoping to have Crockett saying 'Ferrari rental, how very Miami' over it, which is how I erroneously remembered it. 

You can see a bit of the footage (the Ferrari in Miami) in this video. 

Very cool! :clap:

Out of curiosity, how much does it cost to rent a car like that for a day?  Do they require a huge deposit?  If I were to guess, I'd think it is at least $1000 a day.

On 3/11/2020 at 5:19 PM, Dadrian said:

1 hour ago, Lieutenant said:

The "How very L.A." Ferrari was a black 328 GTS with beige (magnolia) interior rented under the Burnett cover.

Oops. Thanks! :thumbsup:

9 hours ago, IA-SteveB said:

Out of curiosity, how much does it cost to rent a car like that for a day?  Do they require a huge deposit?  If I were to guess, I'd think it is at least $1000 a day.

Good guess! Here ya go! 

https://turo.com/us/en/car-rental/united-states/west-palm-beach-fl/ferrari/testarossa/409984

Edited by Dadrian
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Dadrian said:

Very interesting.  I would have thought the security deposit would be a lot higher.  I do like that they track usage with GPS to see how the car is being treated.

I guess I will stick to my Honda S2000.  lol  I hadn't heard of Turo until today.  Cool idea for people willing to rent their car out.

Edited by IA-SteveB
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...