McCarthy Party Band Appreciation Thread

Mr. Vigilante

With all the doom and gloom right now I think it's the perfect time for a laugh.  Give it up for Louis McCarthy's one and only House Party Band!!  Seriously...who were these guys?  Real band?  I remember reading a thread somewhere (or it could've been youtube comments) that this was in fact an actual local Miami band.  Apparently played at some club on Biscayne Blvd.  Where I became skeptical was when the poster said the band's name was "The Gloryhole Drillers", or something hilariously similar.  I crack up every time I watch this scene because the mustached singer behaves like this is the first time he's ever performed live.  When it cuts back later, Mr. Mustache has lost his place as frontman, and been banished to the corner.  Not to mention the horn players that just dance!  Oh how I wish these guys would've returned in a later episode to quench our thirst for some juicy pop hits!!  So let's hear it for The Glory....um , let's just say "McCarthy's Band"!! :dance2::clap::dance2:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I know the band in the pilot was “Mirage” (great cover band name!), but I’d sure welcome any info about this bunch. :) 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I cracked up at the first song cuz the dude on the far left was tapping a tambourine against his saxophone... If you can blow a horn, why would he bother with the tambourine. Weren't those just invented to keep the lead singer's girlfriend busy anyway.

• Haha 2