• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vicefan7777

• jpaul1

• timm525

• Dadrian

• Administrators

I’ve been on three cruises this year with the Dominican Republic as a destination. About 60% of the vehicles on the road are motorcycles and scooters. They drive absolutely craze with no regard for any traffic laws or anyone’s life, including theirs. They blow through red lights, drive the wrong way down the street, cut in and out of traffic without a care……I have on each trip there saw at least one if not more guys on motorcycles driving like the above with one arm balancing a BBQ tank on the seat behind them while they drive with their right arm. Everyone is wearing tee shirts, shorts and flip flops. PPE is nonexistent. Most are not wearing helmets…Those people are insane.

Its always an eye opener traveling to other countries and seeing how they live and what is “normal” for them. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, timm525 said:

I’ve been on three cruises this year with the Dominican Republic as a destination. About 60% of the vehicles on the road are motorcycles and scooters. They drive absolutely craze with no regard for any traffic laws or anyone’s life, including theirs. They blow through red lights, drive the wrong way down the street, cut in and out of traffic without a care……I have on each trip there saw at least one if not more guys on motorcycles driving like the above with one arm balancing a BBQ tank on the seat behind them while they drive with their right arm. Everyone is wearing tee shirts, shorts and flip flops. PPE is nonexistent. Most are not wearing helmets…Those people are insane.

Its always an eye opener traveling to other countries and seeing how they live and what is “normal” for them. 

“Like I said: welcome to the third world.” ;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, timm525 said:

Big cities in Indonesia are the same way, specifically Jakarta and Surabaya. My wife is from Indonesia and we've visited twice (2014 and 2018) and it's stunning to see the total disregard for safety and "driving rules". Here are just a couple of photos I took:

image.thumb.jpeg.ef4f2a340de28c62aed01c1f7c6d4c9a.jpeg

image.jpeg.73950edb6002280fd80b96b9c2eb671c.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

the good thing when you have a country with universal healthcare, it's that you can pass laws of public interest. like for example helmet, and gloves mandatory

kpiG8V7.jpeg

Edited by jpaul1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...