New Jan Hammer album out Today. 3/27/20

Matt5

I bought it on iTunes. I love it. I have hundreds of traditional jazz albums, so this was a welcome addition for me. Probably not for everyone though. :) 

Kudos for Jan for tipping the cap to his roots. :cheers:

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

I have hundreds of traditional jazz albums, so this was a welcome addition for me.

There’s also a lot of contemporary jazz on this album. The last track “Layer Cake” is easily my favorite after my first listen-through. 

11 hours ago, Dadrian said:

There’s also a lot of contemporary jazz on this album. The last track “Layer Cake” is easily my favorite after my first listen-through. 

I also love it and got it on iTunes yesterday - there will be no vinyl or cd physical copy release I would think.
Quite a treat for us fans only a year and a half after “Seasons” Part 1. This album certainly has elements of 1994s “Drive” album which had many contemporary jazz cuts but also you can still pick up on the classic Jan Hammer/Miami Vice feel.

I was hoping the jazz feel cues of the Miles Davis episode “Junk Love” score would have got its way on the album. Great Jan.

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...

Jan Hammer has released two singles on iTunes this year -  First Light (“Sketches in Jazz”, 2020) and a single edit of Miami:Night (from 2018s “Seasons”).

Edited by Matt5

• 3 months later...