Topics?

Robbie C.

Been kicking around a couple of ideas and I was curious what folks might want to see more: a story set in the post-Task Force era (so everyone's out of law enforcement more or less, but they'd all be involved - the regulars and my additional characters), another Burnett story, or something set in the early Vice period.

Not sure when I'll get around to them, but those are the three main "periods" of Vice I've got strong ideas for. Just thought I'd see if there was a preference.

How about telling us how Crockett transitioned from the Porsche 911 in the “Forgive Us Our Debts” teaser to the Daytona?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

How about telling us how Crockett transitioned from the Porsche 911 in the “Forgive Us Our Debts” teaser to the Daytona?

Reassignment. If I remember correctly (and it's been a bit since I've seen that episode) he was still in Robbery at the time. The ep was originally titled "The Gang's All Here" and Dick Wolff credited as one of the writers. The connection between Crockett and Frankel wasn't as clear in the original draft, and the scene with the 911 was added in the final rewrite, I think. The guy the Vice wiki credits as the writer doesn't even show up on the draft I have.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Jeff_Cooper said:

Post task force or early Vice; like how Sonny switched to Bren Ten; story would be cool

-J

There is a rather large gap between the pilot and Heart of Darkness, both in time and content. Like how many asses Rico (and Lou) must have had to kiss to get a disgraced NYPD officer hired by Metro-Dade... In addition, of course, Sonny changing from a SIG to the Bren.

Any post-TF stuff you're especially interested in? I tied up most of the loose ends, but a few were left on purpose. I kinda like to see if what interested or resonated with me had the same effect on readers.

Thanks for your comments, everyone!

• Like 2