Can anyone help get info on a car I'm looking to by? Corvarri Replica?

Corellian Corvette

Hello everyone! Starting the process of looking for a Ferrari Daytona replica. It's hard to get a lot of good info on the cars, particularly ones sold by dealers.
Any experts (armchair or otherwise) have any clues about this car? I'm kind of sweet on it, but want to some research before spending all the $$.
Based on what I"m told on Facebook, this appears to be a Couvarri?  I called the dealer and they don't know as the car is on Consignment. Apparently Rowley cars have and ID plate which this does not. So it looks like it's a Corvarri. 
There are many things I like about this car - I like the interior work that's been done with the real seats, I like the stance and shape, the full trunk and the overall color scheme. Some wiring issues don't bother me. It is missing the front Plexiglass so I'm worried that will be hard to find. 
I can't find much info about them online, and I"m sure this car hasn't come out of nowhere. Would people consider this a good car? 

03.jpg

01.jpg

07.jpg

Edited by Corellian Corvette
  • Like 2

I’m doing a lot of reading now to learn what I can. I can’t seem to find anything historically on this particular car. So I’m hoping some experts can chime in with insights! 

• Like 1

I looked for FIVE years trying to find a good Daytona Spider replica.   All I found was junk and finally gave up.  All I can say is MAKE SURE you see/drive the car in person first before you make an offer to buy it.   You'd be surprised at how poor of condition most of these cars are now in.

Here is my search's link:

• Like 4

Yes it’s a Covarri. The car is on consignment and the dealer admitted they had heard this but could only go by what the seller told them.

They admitted they didn’t know a whole lot about the car.

It looks like a pretty nice car, Covarri  is entirely different from the rest of the breed, Mcburnie, Roberts, CCC, Exotic illusions and Rowley all started with the same DNA.. Westchester  Fiberglass built the Covarri with it's body completely different from the rest.  I have seen some very fine examples. It all has the C3 mechanicals 1968/1982 ,so your going to spend money replacing failed parts, but thats with any car of that age. The plexiglass in the front is really not that big of deal , You  can get from Rowley But not sure it would fit the Covarri without talking to Bob at Rowley. You can make it your self by taking the dimensions ,making a pattern  and copy from a photo. I just made myself a new one when I finally converted my lights from Round to sguare . I would be more than happy to send you the dimensions and a photo if you go that route. If you like the car , get all the info you can , Look it over and go from there. There is no perfect maintenance free car out there. I built mine and completed 23 years ago Still have it.  Word to the wise , Read some of the topics on here and be cautious of some sellers out there Sonny Burnett can give you advice about that. 

Thanks @VICE365 that's super helpful. I know C3's pretty well and own a bunch of vintage cars so I'm not *super* concerned about the "Corvette" parts of the car if that makes sense. If I got one I'd probably upgrade all that stuff anyway.

I was mostly worried about the quality of the builder and the mould since I heard there are some really bad ones. It sounds like (from what I hear) this is a lesser known but good quality builder. It's not like you can just get parts for the bodies easily anyway, but I didn't want to get one that was fundamentally bad to begin with!

3 hours ago, Mvice8489 said:

I looked for FIVE years trying to find a good Daytona Spider replica.   All I found was junk and finally gave up.  All I can say is MAKE SURE you see/drive the car in person first before you make an offer to buy it.   You'd be surprised at how poor of condition most of these cars are now in.

Here is my search's link:

I've been reading your posts with great interest! What did you actually end up getting I never saw the end of that!

Congrats! I have an '85 Mondial and an '03 360 - nothing beats the real thing!

I did end up purchasing this car so let's see how it turns out! 

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Sorry about that, I leave for awhile and then come back from time to time, things are finally starting to roll and I'm soon getting ready to leave my home state of over 30 years, so things have been hectic, worrysome, and troubling, in addition to EVERYTHING ELSE GOING ON IN THE WORLD lol

umm from what I remember of this car, its a replica made in upstate new york, made in I think maybe even earlier than the mcburnies, or maybe after, looks basically like someone took a mcburnie and downsized the flares, changed the openings around the headlights to be smaller, and didnt bother changing the door handles, as those are straight C3

and looks kinda more like car 1 than car 4, looks like alot of the small details were done well though, and its funny in looking through all those mcburnies and rowley's and cars like this

you know what I noticed, the windshield frames actually seem to be off on some of them, like some are damn near 90% degree vertical, while others look stock, and this look stocks, like M vice you wonder why I said just go for the TR, I think some people cut some corners on some of these lol

like you wonder why I stopped for awhile I was noticing some really WEIRD things on some of them lol plus I got some info on the back suspension and how to beef them up for larger tires from a raceshop, which was kind of a deal breaker for me, as I want to do larger rear tires like an AC cobra

offset trailing arms, and beef up the diff,. even got a brand the guy mentioned to me written down, and the guys actually got in some huge race winning C3 from back in the day at SCCA, and has done other racing C3's, so I know the infos good, so I figure that plus the big block suspension package of the stronger steel leaf springs, as they went to fiberglass for ride quality, not strength and it should be good to go

Edited by Kavinsky