Chuck Lorre's Miami Vice Story

lindenska

Hey guys, I thought you'd appreciate this. I was watching these Emmy videos on YouTube and Chuck Lorre (Two and a Half Men, Dharma & Greg, Big Bang Theory, etc) casually mentions that he wrote a spec script for Miami Vice during season 1 and then has a funny story about it. Considering "Out Where the Buses Don't Run" is early in the second season, maybe it took that long for the producers to go a little harder in the humor area.

PS. There are also some Emmy interviews with Edward James Olmos, Dick Wolf, Thomas Carter, and Paul Michael Glaser on their Miami Vice experiences as well.

Edited by lindenska
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, lindenska said:

Hey guys, I thought you'd appreciate this. I was watching these Emmy videos on YouTube and Chuck Lorre (Two and a Half Men, Dharma & Greg, Big Bang Theory, etc) casually mentions that he wrote a spec script for Miami Vice during season 1 and then has a funny story about it. Considering "Out Where the Buses Don't Run" is early in the second season, maybe it took that long for the producers to go a little harder in the humor area.

PS. There are also some Emmy interviews with Edward James Olmos, Dick Wolf, Thomas Carter, and Paul Michael Glaser on their Miami Vice experiences as well.

Very interesting, thanks.  The producers went for laughs even earlier than season 2.  Made for Each Other from the end of season 1 is quite comedic.  Lorre’s script must have been either really funny, too much so, or submitted very early in season 1.