Computers in the Movies...

sredd

You ever wonder why computers don't work in the movies the same way they work in reality? Here are some things we noticed:- Word processors never display a cursor.- You never have to use the space-bar when typing long sentences.- All monitors display inch-high letters.- High-tech computers, such as those used by NASA, the CIA, or some such governmental institution, will have easy-to-understand graphical interfaces.- Those that don't will have incredibly powerful text-based command shells that can correctly understand and execute commands typed in plain English.- Corollary: You can gain access to any information you want by simply typing "ACCESS ALL OF THE SECRET FILES" on any keyboard.- Likewise, you can infect a computer with a destructive virus by simply typing "UPLOAD VIRUS." (See "Fortress")- All computers are connected. You can access the information on the villain's desktop computer, even if it's turned off.- Powerful computers beep whenever you press a key or whenever the screen changes. Some computers also slow down the output on the screen so that it doesn't go faster than you can read. The *really* advanced ones also emulate the sound of a dot-matrix printer.- All computer panels have thousands of volts and flash pots just underneath the surface. Malfunctions are indicated by a bright flash, a puff of smoke, a shower of sparks, and an explosion that forces you backward.- People typing away on a computer will turn it off without saving the data.

What about bars?Everytime I see a guy orders a drink, the bartender plops it on the bar and the guy will walk away.Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!I have to learn how to run a tab like that with no money???

What about bars?Everytime I see a guy orders a drink' date=' the bartender plops it on the bar and the guy will walk away.Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!I have to learn how to run a tab like that with no money???[/quote']Yep, love that one. And no one ever finishes a cigarette. Light it up, take two puffs, throw it on the ground.

• 2 weeks later...

I like it when in the early movies such as "War Games" the geeks get on the keyboards and type frantically with jibberish and they tallk to some big mainframe.....How hoakey is that?Even in the new series such as 24 or whatever, the puter geeks seem to have unlimited access to everything under the sun with only a click and few key strokes and "voila!"? I bet you they are using Macs...